Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Lower grade MPL's are skyrocketing in price!! >

most recent Heritage archive sales.

1912 PR60BN cleaned ANACS $575.00/// PCGS Price guide $250

1914 NGC PR63BN $862.50///PCGS Price guide $380

I saw both of these coins in hand at the FUN show and I can tell you neither was toned or PQ IMO.

Edited to add: PCGS price guide information
Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at a matte proof lincoln in the context of it being a seperate coin entity (different dies, press, planchet, coin number) from all other lincolns, these twenty something thousand combined mintages represent the nine scarcest lincolns by far. I will imagine these coins will out perform business strikes by multiples.

And ponder this thought.....for generations behind us, those fidigity little men in dark oak dens...THEY collected this same set you are working on today. And, with the very same coins. It has always been a delightful set for well heeled lincoln fans, a little twinkle of a coin set, displayed perhaps in a handcrafted rosewood box, lined with silk velvet, sitting proudly upon someones imported english walnut desk. They all would have a story to tell which any coin collector would love to hear....if only they could talk.