Home Stamps Forum
Options

need to sell a ton of stamps in Houston

Well, not really a ton. Maybe 10 pounds or so. From what I've looked at, it looks like all US stuff, from the 1930's to the 1960's maybe. Grandpa's stash... The few I've bothered looking up don't seem to be worth much, but what do I know? (answer - ZERO!).

I've posted on this board once or twice, and the answer I got was to use them as postage. Frankly, the idea of licking a 70 year old stamp grosses me out bad, plus I would worry that the glue wouldn't stick and/or the post office would reject my letter because the stamp would be so unusual. Plus, I just don't send enough snail mail to warrant keeping this stuff around.

So is there anyone in Houston that might be a buyer of this stuff? Anyone have any names?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Gluesticks work great
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options

<< <i>Gluesticks work great >>

I guess... Anyone ever have problems with USPS from using 70 year old stamps?
  • Options
    There shouldn't be a problem. Actually, there is a post office manual book that lists the usable stamps. If they ask you, tell them to look them up. My guess is that they will say OK to save the 30 minutes needed to find them. I know one person who made the clerk look up 4 difefrent stamps on an envelope because she was giving him a hard time about it. No problem since ...
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Are they all mint? I live out near LaGrange.
  • Options

<< <i>Are they all mint? I live out near LaGrange. >>

Yes.