Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

First Strike Commemoratives

Question, I have a complete "Proof Silver & half-dollar, Modern Commemorative Collection. 1982 t0 2007.
The next US Mint Commemorative will be the "Bald Eagle Coin Program" Why is there not any "First Strike" Commemorative Coins, that is but the "First Spouse Program??" (it's not that I put much "stock" in FS, especial with the low minitage of commemoratives) but I would like to know why that is????
Thanks
John Perkins
Johnperk747

Comments

• KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, PCGS has not done FS on commems, but I would love to see them do it for the Bald Eagles--what better label than a nice flag on it!
  • djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get first strikes on commems you just need to send in your $10 / coin.
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    I sent an e-mail message to PCGS, 1/9/08, asking about this and still have not heard back from "Customer Service" !!!
    I still plan to buy about 6 of each coin as I think they are going to look Great.
    Instead of giving ASE's this year as wedding gifts, will give them a Bald Eagle Coin.
    Later
    John
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    This is the answer that I got back from PCGS (today, 1/21/08)

"We will not be issuing any special designations or FS for the Bald Eagles."