Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Monthly Show Starting---Saturday 1/5/08--- in Staten Island, NY---Brief Report Post Added

This has been a twice a year show and starting this month, it will be a monthly show...on the 1st Saturday of the month. Run by a real nice guy...Nick Messina...and he always has free gifts for the YNs!!!

Located at the Staten Island Hotel...1415 Richmond Ave...exit 7 off 278...

30 tables...

Come on by and check it out if you're in the area...

It is listed in CW and I think it is also in NN...

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image

Comments

• Options

man...threads are moving in hyperdrive tonite!!!

had to bring this to the top...

anyone online tonite from the NY metro area???
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Do you know what time the show is open to the public?

Thanks!
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    the doors open at 9 and the show goes until 4
  • Options
    early morning image
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    have fun my friend,image
    toner loner
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the kind of hype we need to clean out those old closets of grandpa's coins and get them in the market place image.

Boost for the roost.
  • Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭

Wish I saw this earlier. Maybe I'll go next month.
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    THis is the first S.I. show I missed in about 4 years......Anyone have a brief recap of what they saw???
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
  • Options

<< <i>THis is the first S.I. show I missed in about 4 years......Anyone have a brief recap of what they saw??? >>

I can give a brief recap---

First time since I've been doing the Staten island show that ACTUAL collectors showed up...at the other location it seemed to be a whole bunch of neighborhood folks just out to see "the pretty coins"...

Mixed results for the dealers...I did very well...yet a number of dealers reported very little in the way of sales...

For a first time out for a 'new' monthly show...I think it went rather well...I'll be back next month for sure...

I hear a number of dealers are not planning on coming back...but we'll see...

It usually takes a new show and/or location some time to develop and attract a 'following'...
  • Options
    Sounds like a good show......
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Larry...I hope to see u next month.... image
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file