Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Happy New Year everybody :-) I'm back on again :-)

Hi and Happy New Year to everybody! image

I'm finaly back on again image As some of you may know, I went for a surgery back in November 29th to remove a bone tumor from the leg. Anyway, everything went fine with that, I took my staples out, and I was fine, untill a doctors appoitment on December 21st sent me to the hospital.

When I went the that appoitment on December 21st, I was complaining to my doctor that my leg was hurting really bad, even the pain killers wouldn't do anything image which wasen't that fun. Then she told me, go straight to the emergency room, so I did, and they took a leg sonogram(if I spelled that right LOL), and the results showed a blood clot in my leg.

Anyway, when it was old said and done, I had to stay in the hospital from December 21st and came out on the 24th(thank God). I had to keep bothering and bothering these people to get me out of there in time for Christmasimage

Anyway, I came home, and i'm a little better now, and they put me on Cumedin(if I spelled that right) which is like taking rat poisonimage LOL

Anyway, I am back on, and wanted to wish everybody a Happy New Year! image

Hows everybody doing, and what your "Card New Years Resolution"?

Alright, great to be back online, and boy did I wish I had internet access in that hospital imageimage

Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back man

glad everything turned out ok
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Great to have you back Giovanni!

Keep listening to your doctor's advice and keep getting better! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Thanks guysimage

Yeah, tell me about it, i'm gona go to the emergency for any pain from now on. At first I wasen't going to listen to my doctor, I said to myself, i'm not going, but she told me it might be a blood clot, and that they are very serious, so I went. I had this same pain from November 30th, all the way to th 21st of December. The only reason I went is because of that doctors appoitment. Glad I listened to her, thats for sure! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Glad you back amongst us, Giovanni!

I don't know about going to the ER for pains. If the hospitals near you are anything like the one closest to me, I think I'll just die rather than go to the ER. They actually had a patient expire while waiting to be checked for chest pains not too long ago. image
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Giovanni,

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and the tumor is out. Also, it was nice you were home in time for Christmas. Have a properous and joyous New Year!!!!

Terry
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Welcome back and I am glad everything turned out well in the end. Coumadin ain't no fun, especially at first with the all to frequent blood tests until they feel they have the dosage right. Like you said, it literally was used as a rodent poison originally, so they are understandably very cautious with dosing it gradually until they feel confident they have the blood consistency stable. You will definitely know it is working the first time you cut yourself shaving too. Hrmpf...

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>Glad you back amongst us, Giovanni!

I don't know about going to the ER for pains. If the hospitals near you are anything like the one closest to me, I think I'll just die rather than go to the ER. They actually had a patient expire while waiting to be checked for chest pains not too long ago. image >>

Hey Brian,

Thanks man, its great to be back!

Are you kidding? LOL, I was at the emergency for about 9 and a half hours before they gave me a room. I went in at about 6:00 pm and got a room around 3:30 am, and still didn't get the first dose of medication untill about 10:00 am! image I was telling everybody, shouldn't I get my first dose already? And they were saying, stop worrying, you'll get it soon. image

<< I am glad to hear you are feeling better and the tumor is out. Also, it was nice you were home in time for Christmas. Have a properous and joyous New Year!!!!

Terry >>

Hey Terry,

Thanks man, wish I could logon when I was at the hospital, I would have felt so much better chatting with you guys! image

It was definetly nice to get home in time for Christmas!!!!! Happy New Year to you too and to everybody image

<< Welcome back and I am glad everything turned out well in the end. Coumadin ain't no fun, especially at first with the all to frequent blood tests until they feel they have the dosage right. Like you said, it literally was used as a rodent poison originally, so they are understandably very cautious with dosing it gradually until they feel confident they have the blood consistency stable. You will definitely know it is working the first time you cut yourself shaving too. Hrmpf...

Snorto~ >>

Hey Snorto,

Thanks man, yeah, everything is much better now. Oh, thats how you spell Coumadin image Yeah I know, its not fun at all, I gotta watch everything I eat, what i can't eat, watch when I shave(haven't cut myself yet LOL) and can't have any falls or anything like that, or I can bleed internal, and that would definetly not be a good thing!

They been switching my dosage a lot, hopefuly I could get to a good level and stay at that. The doctor in the hospital was telling me how they used this stuff to kill rats with image So far so good, but hope I don't get any of those rare sideaffects, or start bleeding were it won't stop.

Alright guys, thanks for the kind words, i'm feeling so much better already! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back and please enter me in your painkiller giveaway.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome back and please enter me in your painkiller giveaway.

image >>

dibs on the perky, you can have the vicodin.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

dibs on the perky, you can have the vicodin. >>

No can do.

I built up a tolerence to vic and want a new drug.

One that wont hurt my head.

One that wont make my mouth too dry.

Or make my eyes too red.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

No can do.

Or make my eyes too red. >>

Well, they both give you that awsome pain killer constipation!
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

No can do.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

No can do.

Well, they both give you that awsome pain killer constipation! >>

At the time, constipation was a good thing.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Gio, and a big thanks to Dr Menko and Dr Mikan for fixing you up good as new.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

No can do.

Thanks man, good to be back! image

Talking about your head hurting, i've been having head numbing when taking that coumadin pill, does anybody know if thats dangerous? I asked the doctor, and she said, if I can tolerate it, then its fine???

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome back Gio, and a big thanks to Dr Menko and Dr Mikan for fixing you up good as new. >>

image Thanks!

Hey Nick, whats up man?

By the way, since you like on Staten Island, let me warn you not to go to Saint Vincents hospital, ever! I think its actualy called Richmond University or something now. I wish I have gone to Staten Island University Hospital!

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>i've been having head numbing when taking that coumadin pill, does anybody know if thats dangerous? >>

I dunno but rug_warnings_recalls&cx=drugs_for_patients&sa=N&oi=cooptsr&resnum=0&ct=col2&cd=2">google says you have to watch out for bleeding.
  • Options
    That's wierd.

Thought the link worked but I can't edit. Now I tried the preview and it's all messed up. I think I broke something..

• Options
    Hey Stown,

If you don't mind me asking, what are you taking pain meds for? Are they working for you? I'm scared to even take mine now, because if I do, then how will I feel any pain to warn me about any other blood clots image

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Stown,

If you don't mind me asking, what are you taking pain meds for? Are they working for you? I'm scared to even take mine now, because if I do, then how will I feel any pain to warn me about any other blood clots image

Giovanni >>

I done broke my tushy.

They worked just fine and then some. If you don't want yours, depending on the brand, feel free to send them my way.

Me likey image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    Cumedin-blood thinner-i take that- cut myslf-bleed like a hog!!!!!
    i resolve not to do what i did last night next year anymore lol
  • Options

<< <i>Cumedin-blood thinner-i take that- cut myslf-bleed like a hog!!!!!
    i resolve not to do what i did last night next year anymore lol >>

Whats up Rube? How did you get the bleeding to stop?

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

No can do.

Boo! Hiss! Boo!

-2 for Huey Lewis

-1 for the News.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Bah humbug!

• Options
    Barry,
    still got a hangover?
    lol
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

• Options
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    My God. I opened the thread and saw "January 1, 2008," and screamed "NOOOOOO" in my head. Then I remembered it was 2009.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    My God. I opened the thread and saw "January 1, 2008," and screamed "NOOOOOO" in my head. Then I remembered it was 2009.
  • Options
    Apparently I was so flipped out, I posted twice.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Did you open it twice and do the same thing ??

• Options

<< <i>Did you open it twice and do the same thing ?? >>

I don't know why that happens sometimes. I used to think it was my browser, now I know it's my ineptitude.
  • Options
    thats just like johnny two times
  • Options
    two timesimage
  • Options
    back, and to the left.
    back, and to the left.
    back, and to the left.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    disgraceful.
  • Options
    Not funny Barry. Seriously, not funny.
  • Options

<< <i>My God. I opened the thread and saw "January 1, 2008," and screamed "NOOOOOO" in my head. Then I remembered it was 2009. >>

I just did the same thing. Still waiting for my heart rate to return to normal.... Early lead for "Scariest Thread of the Year"
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    +1

Hilarious!
  • Options
    Hatters
  • Options
    You guys are good.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Not funny.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    welcome back glad to hear all is well now. atleast your learning all those cool spelling for your drugs
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>welcome back glad to hear all is well now. atleast your learning all those cool spelling for your drugs >>

Check the dates Fred, you're on candid camera. Gotcha.
  • Options
    poop
    Tonya
  • Options