Home U.S. Coin Forum

2007 unc. $1 set with the "W"ASE.....some interesting info...

We just received (11) boxes of these from the mint (600) sets total, some of the boxes have 25,some 50 and some 99 sets, (i) box in the group has a sticker that reads

Quantity 100 box # 420 of 1600.see pic below..(just like the ones on the FDC boxes)......well I guess now we know they made or will make 160,000 of these sets, the funny thing is that the total mintage of the 2007w ase is still at 563,000

even though they sold what looks like 42,000 more in these sets so far in the sets as well as the singles since they went back on sale, another thing is, as of the last Numis.News (12/25/07) the sold out asterisk is back on the 2007 W ASE" still @ 563,000

It seems the mint has known all along exactly how many ASE's they were going to sell..........could it be that these are already included in the 563,000 ?

sorry about the pic its from a cell phone........

Comments

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Very interesting indeed, have never seen 1 of those, Thanks for the pic...Also, is there 100 in there? Or only 99?
  • hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    How did you order more than 10 in one box? I tried placing an order for an order larger than 10, but the box only allows me to add 10 to my cart.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ya gotta delete out the 1 then type in whatever # ya want, up to 99.
    Are these sets still available? It says backordered till 1/31.
    Anyone? Are these still available?
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered 3, will I get 103? Hope so. Mine were supposed to ship yesterday IIRC.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i just ordered some more today
    BO till 01/31

SUMORADA has a good gut for these things, IMHO

• << <i>We just received (11) boxes of these from the mint (600) sets total, some of the boxes have 25,some 50 and some 99 sets, (i) box in the group has a sticker that reads

Quantity 100 box # 420 of 1600.see pic below..(just like the ones on the FDC boxes)......well I guess now we know they made or will make 160,000 of these sets, the funny thing is that the total mintage of the 2007w ase is still at 563,000

even though they sold what looks like 42,000 more in these sets so far in the sets as well as the singles since they went back on sale, another thing is, as of the last Numis.News (12/25/07) the sold out asterisk is back on the 2007 W ASE" still @ 563,000

It seems the mint has known all along exactly how many ASE's they were going to sell..........could it be that these are already included in the 563,000 ? >>

The latest Mint states show the individual option 2007-W ASE is back on sale and the asterix is gone from the individual option sales figures. As has been stated before in the Mint stats, the 2007-W ASE sales from the annual dollar set are included in the annual uncirculated dollar set sales figures which are listed under the same colum as the Mint & Proof set sales figures. Which means as of 12/26 the Mint has sold 563,771 2007-W ASE as an individual option plus an additional 48,465 2007-W included in the annual Uncirculated dollar set.

Link
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Also the only reason sales were halted of the individual option 2007-W ASE was the Mint ran out of packaging and was later told by the packaging supplier they would have more ready to deliver for the middle of January.

Link

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also the only reason sales were halted of the individual option 2007-W ASE was the Mint ran out of packaging and was later told by the packaging supplier they would have more ready to deliver for the middle of January.

Link >>

and it was pretty crappy packaging, to boot...about the only thing it did was lock the capsuled coin in the cardboard holder. i thought the "Crown Royal" sack for the 06 was neat.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Can someone remind me how many 2006-W SAE were made?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    about 470K
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Thanks mucho
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    That's including the 250,000 in the anniversary sets.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt bank on 160K of these sets, regardless of what the box states.

The USM made very load rumblings about 50,000 sets earlier this year.

In November, the 2007-W ASE took a one week leap of just over 50K in sales, quite unusual. As they had only sold a couple of thousand coins each week after the intial burst......of sales early on.....

Get ready for a USM revision of single coin sales of this coin. IMO, the 50K jump is not just great sales in the first week of Nov 2007, but rather coins set aside for 50K dollar sets.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I think you are right on that one.

• << <i>I wouldnt bank on 160K of these sets, regardless of what the box states.

The USM made very load rumblings about 50,000 sets earlier this year.

In November, the 2007-W ASE took a one week leap of just over 50K in sales, quite unusual. As they had only sold a couple of thousand coins each week after the intial burst......of sales early on.....

Get ready for a USM revision of single coin sales of this coin. IMO, the 50K jump is not just great sales in the first week of Nov 2007, but rather coins set aside for 50K dollar sets. >>

Which week was that? I have all the previous weekly Mint stats and the biggest ASE weekly sales jump in November was 18,000 from 11-13 to 11-20. The sales figures from the annual dollar sets are reported seperatly than the individual option and are not included in the 2007-W total.

I also have never heard of the Mint stating they would limit the annual Uncirculated dollar set to 50,000 (of which they would have already sold over 48,000). Where are you getting your info from?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file