Home U.S. Coin Forum

Can't get home for New Year's Eve-snow storm!

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
I-70 is shut down...tried to drive around...getting late...holed up Leadville to play it safe...4 kids & Mrs. Ren.

Weekend started alright: Titanic exhibit in Denver and related IMAX. Nice collection of recovered coins & currencies. Barbers, $5 Chief, 1899 $1 black eagle, $2 Washington note and more.

Also, saw a very exciting Broncos/Vikings game that went OT.

We still have a 3 hour drive tomorrow, please post a 1912 coin in honor of the last surviving passenger, Elizabeth G. Dean.

Top of the Rockies
Ren

Comments

• i know i-70. go to tulsa a few times every few years.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holed up in Leadville, huh? Screw I-70. Just head over Mosquito Pass instead!
  • Good luck on your journey and safe travels!

Every time I think of 1912 I think of the Titanic...

Happy New Year~!

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onecent, that is one White Star cent.

Ren
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was part of my sales territory for a few years. Loved Leadville. However, at over 10,000 feet in
    elevation you had to bring oxygen with you to even get out of the car! May see your own fireworks
    for lack of oxygen! Happy new year!
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • this one is for dicrapio,

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I am s-o-o-o-o glad I am not in Colorado anymore especially after seeing that storm!

Hang in there Renman! Much better to be safe than stuck on I-70 waiting for the next snow plow to pass!

BTW, have a Happy New Year!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barber Half...
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I was in Belfast a couple of weeks ago, the city where the majestic Titanic was made so many moons ago. Below is a picture of one of the 2 huge cranes (called Samson and Goliath) at the Harland & Wolff shipyard, the same shipyard were work on the Titanic began in 1909.

• sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    You guys working on a birth year set for Kim Ilsong?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wearing short sleeves, and it's the middle of the night. image

(PS- I don't think I have any 1912 coins imaged right now. Go fish?)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm wearing short sleeves, and it's the middle of the night. image

I just stepped out in bare feet and my undies for a stogie outside... we won't be so fortunate I'm afraid in a day or two when it's supposed to go to 30 at night here in south central fla.

John
  • jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was in Belfast a couple of weeks ago, the city where the majestic Titanic was made so many moons ago. Below is a picture of one of the 2 huge cranes (called Samson and Goliath) at the Harland & Wolff shipyard, the same shipyard were work on the Titanic began in 1909.

image >>

Great pic Dennis... those winter skies remind me of my native New Jersey...

John
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am s-o-o-o-o glad I am not in Colorado anymore especially after seeing that storm!

Hang in there Renman! Much better to be safe than stuck on I-70 waiting for the next snow plow to pass!

BTW, have a Happy New Year! >>

Thanks to all. Discretion was the better part of valor last night. Watched the ball drop, went to bed and heard a rat-dog running around upstairs. None of us got good sleep. Laying in bed at 10,200 feet, your heart just wants to escape your chest. This morning it was clear and -13 but it was a dry-cold! Beautiful drive home, safe and sound. Tonight is our New Year's in the Hot Tub with some bubbly. Champagne in a plastic cup doesn't do it for me.

The oldest Barber at the exhibit was a well worn 1893 quarter, some silver French and Spanish coins to boot. I wanted to take a pic but was cut off at the pass. Tough security.

Ahooka, great pic

Oh, Happy New Year to all!

Goals: 1. detox 2. more 7070 and less modern 3. ...continue German (and Prussian) Family Tree type set.

Ren

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the weather/news here last nite the highway was closed because of avalanche concerns. That pretty much over now?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file