Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Bruce Scher 144 piece Commem set

Just listed my "new" set..Gonna go for the 144 piece full set this time..Im in at #22 about halfway there..gonna be picky and hope to make the 1st page at some time in the future...lots of room to grow,thats for sure..
Bruce Scher

Comments

• Options
    Good luck and keep focused imageimage
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Bruce. You've got some killer coins in that set!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet putting up your 144 pc. set today was quite exciting. The 144 pc. commem set, imo, is the best collector's set, without any doubts. I wish you the best of luck finding that perfect piece (144x). image
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Fantastic Set already!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the images of the rest of the group. image Please keep me in mind for any discards. image Heres a link to this super set:

Bruce Scher

Here is an image of the Norfolk in Bruces Set: image

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scher knows how to have a good time! image
  • Options
    wow a lot of 0s in pop higher... good luck
    Dave
    Positive BST transactions with: Patches, Greencopper, 09sVDB, Ajia, Whatsup, RpmHunter, tander123,ModCrewman,Lablade

• Options
    bruce

>>>gonna be picky and hope to make the 1st page at some time in the future...lots of room to grow,thats for sure..

you have now entered the eye of the tiger and imho your knowledge of commems will grow beyond your wildest dreams.....as the 144 piece set...while approx 3 times larger than the 50....it is over 10 times harder....actually more than 10 times.....and i know your up to the challenge

just think.....finding a monster btw is not that hard to do ....finding 18 dates......darn near impossible.....ditto for washington carver...ditto for arks.....suffice to say some pleasing coins will have to do

also keep in mind some of the pops of the rearer ones are skewed...so dont be fooled by a large pop ..they arent large at all.... as upgraders have made several submissions.....of the same coin....dont wory i know who they are and how many tags they have and they have promised me to turn them in ....in the future

for example....look at the 38-d oregon in 68*.....i have 2 no brainer ms 69s.....and have sent in both 11 times over the last 18 months trying to get them in the correct holders..am a hard headed or what!!....but they are no brainer 69s....actually im thinking 70....so the real pop is 3 not 24

i did send in 3 tags of btw 47-p and they have adjusted the pop back down from 6 to 3

so as you can see one of the real challenges will be to actually know the real pops

if you need any help there just email me

monsterman

my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scher: Nice set!

Enjoy!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Bruce,

Great start to a throughly enjoyable set. Although I sold off my
    complete "146" set - don't forget the two Norses - I had a great
    time completing it.

Couldn't help but notice your POP - TOP Hawaiian - image

Good luck to you !!
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases