Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody here do business with FinestKnown?

Thoughts? I've bought something from them about two weeks ago and I'm totally down with the fact that it's the Holiday Season and things have slowed down so I emailed them and asked if the coin has shipped. I got back basically a response but it did anything but answer the simple question....."Did the coin ship yet?".

Should I be worried?

John

Edited for clarity
Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.

Comments

• Options
    I bought a low value item off them several years ago with no problems.
    aka Dan
  • Options
    Shipping to Japan? No, I woudln't be worried yet.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    John this company is legit and I have bought many nice coins from them. Just give a few mores days or I think you might be able to call them. Happy New Year and hope everything works out for ya.
  • Options
    The response I got led to believe the coin hadn't even been shipped yet. I'm pretty sure I'll get what I paid for but I'm wondering if this is the norm or the exception.

Note: They've got another thing or two I want but I won't even consider it until this transaction completes.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    I have meet a few of the guys that work there at a show or two. They are pretty good. Never bought anything from them yet, but I wouldnt think anything wrong on there end. yet. Shipping to Japan like the other poster said may be another thing entirely. Good luck.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I've got an FPO address and the other item or two I bought around the same day on ebay (this was an ebay purchase) have long since been received.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options

Not even sure where to begin.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Google James DiGeorgia.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    I have used them in the past and had very good luck. I was happy with the coins and service.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    bought items from them several times with no problems. All sub $100 purchases and they usually arrived within a week from date of payment.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John FPO and APO addressess throw a glich in some automated shipping and or labeling programs so deliveries may be held up until they figure out they have to do mamuel labels and the Customs form are required for the shipment. That plus the gaggle at the post office this time of year might come into play. I like others have bought from them on eBay with no problems in the past also.
    Good luck and Happy New Year.
  • Options
    Just a Thought and not even sure it applies here,but some companies just don't ship anything until Jan.3,2008. I ran accross this with two different items i bought this past week. "Closed for the Holidays"..???? I'm sure you'll be ok with This one John. Ray in Florida..
  • Options

<< <i>Thoughts? I've bought something from them about two weeks ago and I'm totally down with the fact that it's the Holiday Season and things have slowed down so I emailed them and asked if the coin has shipped. I got back basically a response but it did anything but answer the simple question....."Did the coin ship yet?".

Should I be worried?

John

Edited for clarity >>

Try not to worry, shipping has been extremely slow. I shipped a coin on the 18th. It didn't get there till the 28th. I'm still waiting on a coin shipped on the 20th.(Yes, I'm a little nervous but b/c I know how long mine took to get to him I feel a little more at ease)
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody here do business with FinestKnown?

I wouldn't think of it.
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I've done $10k+ worth of business on silver proofs. Found them to be very professional.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't waste my time with them! They use stock photos and they said that they don't have time to provide larger pictures of the coins they sell. They basically sell slabs to non-collectors who can't grade coins.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    They're legit.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't waste my time with them! They use stock photos and they said that they don't have time to provide larger pictures of the coins they sell. They basically sell slabs to non-collectors who can't grade coins.

Leo >>

I've purchased BU warnickel rolls from them nice coins no problems though if I remember correctly shipping was a little slow
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    I have bought from them a few times. Never had a problem.
    ED
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    They are good people and it is the holidays and you are in Japan. I'm still waiting for stuff to arrive from the Left coast. image
  • Options
    Dear Friends,
    Doing business with eBay customers who are overseas ALWAYS means later delivery. Most eBay players realize this and accept it as part of the process. Some get anxious and we do our best we can to calm and sooth them. In this instance literally everyone is missing the obvious. We just went through the holidays. It is only common sense to expect unexpected delays and most of our staff catches up on the MANDITORY number of days off (Labor laws) by taking the last two weeks off of the year. Please feel free to email me at JLondon@FinestKnown.com. I'll be back in the office tomorrow and will track down the shipment.
    With regard to all those with kind words about us, Thank you. Thank You.

With regard to the comment that we use stock photos...Yes, that's 100% true on common coins. The rules are changing on eBay that will require actual pictures of front and back of all coins. This will likely mean the end of the lower prices on eBay as the labor to freshly photo and post 300, 400 even 500 coins a week becomes impossible on a cost effective basis. The fact is anyone who argues that every 2007-S Washington $1 NGC or PCGS PF70DCAM/PR70DCAM needs an exact photo is kidding themselves and making an argument for the sake of an argument. A stock photo is absolutely enough. The new eBay policy is going to mean many less dealers posting coins and higher prices for collectors using eBay. It's like the government, the more they to fix a "problem" the worse the make it.

We have almost 7800 feedbacks with 6 negatives i.e. 99%... and the 6 negatives came from just 3 people. In each case these people were people who had MANY more negatives from a few to several dealers and as such the kinds of clients no one could make happy. We still tried in every instance no matter how unreasonable to make them happy. I should point out that one or two of these negatives came from people who are no longer on eBay, something that seems happen when the negatives pile up. We’ve been on eBay since 1998
    Happy New Year to All

Jay London
    FinestKnown.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file