Home Sports Talk
Options

Tuna starts to get rid of Dolphins!

Looks like the shakeup has begun....

Dolphins fired general manager Randy Mueller.

Bill Parcells is expected to pursue Cowboys director of scouting Jeff Ireland to replace Mueller. The only hang up is that Ireland must remain with Dallas until after April's draft. Mueller's firing was expected. He didn't draft well and his free agent signings (Trent Green, Joey Porter, David Martin) this past offseason were poor. It was an easy move for the Tuna, who will meet with Cam Cameron on Tuesday to discuss the coach's future.
* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
* C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
* T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
* L. TIANT BASIC #1
* DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
* MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
* PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
* '65 DISNEYLAND #2
* '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
* '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards

Comments

• Options

<< <i>He didn't draft well and his free agent signings (Trent Green, Joey Porter, David Martin) this past offseason were poor. >>

I'd agree with the offseason being 'poor' for the free agency, but I'm okay with what we got in the draft. Starting center, QB of the future (maybe?), 3rd down back (Lorenzo Booker), serviceable DTs and some decent special teamers. Not bad.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I hear Quincy Carter is the next guy he is looking to add to the roster
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I hear Quincy Carter is the next guy he is looking to add to the roster

I think he'd have to be on work release.

But Bledsoe might get a call.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Rumor here in Cincy is Chad and the Bengals 2nd round pick fot the Dolphins 1st pick..........
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    Is Chad in a contract year? Are the Bengals that interested in McFadden or just interested in getting rid of Chad?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that Cam Cameron hasn't "automatically" been fired already. When they meet, Cameron had better say a big "Yes" to everything Parcells says, and bring a shoe shine kit as well, if he expects to keep his job.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Hey Arny, Happy New Year....in todays Cleveland Plain Dealer the coach is quoted as saying that the Browns would entertain offers for Derek Anderson if the offer was right...how about shipping the 1st round pick north.........image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> When they meet, Cameron had better say a big "Yes" to everything Parcells says, and bring a shoe shine kit as well, if he expects to keep his job. >>

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

<< <i>Hey Arny, Happy New Year....in todays Cleveland Plain Dealer the coach is quoted as saying that the Browns would entertain offers for Derek Anderson if the offer was right...how about shipping the 1st round pick north.........image >>

I doubt that we'd give up the #1 pick overall. But, what I'd do is probably trade down to someone who can't live without McFadden and pick up an additional 2nd rounder. Which would give us three 2nd rounders. Then, I trade a 2nd rounder this year and maybe another 2nd rounder next year for Anderson. I doubt that Cleveland will let go of Derek Anderson...but, it's sort of the same issue that San Diego had a couple of years ago with Rivers and Brees.

If I was Cleveland, I would definitely think about holding onto a QB that brought that team as far as it has gone. Without Anderson, that team is a sub.500 team for sure. Possibly 6-10 at best.

Al, what's the word on Quinn....how's he pickin' up on things?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I wonder if Parcells will give Brian Billick a ring anytime soon?
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Arny, don't know if I mentioned previously in discussions but I have season tickets for the Browns and was down there for the last game against SF. Quinn came in end of first half and led them to a FG. Should have been a TD but two passes were dropped, one by Edwards and one by Winslow. Quinn's first two passes were off the mark but if memory serve me correctly he ended up something like 3 for 8 or 4 for 8 which would have been better without the drops. Don't know if Quinn's the man long term but he didn't look too bad on Sunday...and Anderson still scares the he.. out of me....to many interceptions.
  • Options
    Dolphins fans are thrilled...

• Options
    The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins are considering keeping head coach Cam Cameron in place for the 2008 season.

Bill Parcells is reportedly exploring his options, but leaving open the possibility of retaining Cameron if he can't get his man. "If he can get the guy he wants to replace him, he will," a source told the Post. "If he can't, he'll keep him." Cowboys assistant HC Tony Sparano and Cardinals OC Todd Haley are believed to be high on Parcells' list. Romeo Crennel may be atop it.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

The Dolphins do not need another running back. Your current running back, coming off knee surgery will be fine. Dolphins need DEFENSE,DEFENSE,DEFENSE!!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins are considering keeping head coach Cam Cameron in place for the 2008 season.

Bill Parcells is reportedly exploring his options, but leaving open the possibility of retaining Cameron if he can't get his man. "If he can get the guy he wants to replace him, he will," a source told the Post. "If he can't, he'll keep him." Cowboys assistant HC Tony Sparano and Cardinals OC Todd Haley are believed to be high on Parcells' list. Romeo Crennel may be atop it. >>

Well this was "logical" considering Cameron has 3 years left on his contract, and the Dolphins are going nowhere anyway next year no matter what Parcells does. Hard to imagine that Parcells won't be at the practises "influencing" the coaching anyway, no matter who is there.

-
  • Options
    We definitely do not need McFadden, although we could draft him (if we can't trade down and pick up extra picks) and trade Ronnie Brown if needed.

We need additional help on the O-line, but more importantly we need an entire secondary! We need corners and safeties. We could use an additional rushing end to get more than 1 sack opposite of an aging Jason Taylor. We also could use some depth at LB.

Therefore, your opinion of needing defense....well, absolutely right!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Edit Arny's word "Dolphins" with my word "Chiefs" image
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Bill Parcells has never shied away from boisterous receivers in the past (Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens), so the possibility of Miami native Chad Johnson joining the Dolphins doesn't seem so farfetched.

But Peter King's mention of this in his Monday Morning Quarterback column on SI.com certainly is wishful thinking.

"Chad Johnson, by the way, sounds like a man who wants out. Wouldn't be surprised -- nor would several of my NBC peers -- if Bill Parcells, who is not afraid of bigmouths, deals his first pick in the third round to Cincinnati for Johnson."

Personally, I can't see the Bengals giving up one of the league's best receivers for so little.

After watching the Dolphins' injury-decimated secondary get torched by Johnson for 131 yards and two touchdowns, Parcells probably had the flashy receiver at the top of his New Year's resolutions list.
    FROM Dolphins website----- here in Cincy they said Chad and 2nd round for 1st pick. I like Chad myself but the Bengals need to Do something and I hear that Chad and Carson do not get along...........
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, no Dolphin is safe from the Tuna!!
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins are considering keeping head coach Cam Cameron in place for the 2008 season.

Bill Parcells is reportedly exploring his options, but leaving open the possibility of retaining Cameron if he can't get his man. "If he can get the guy he wants to replace him, he will," a source told the Post. "If he can't, he'll keep him." Cowboys assistant HC Tony Sparano and Cardinals OC Todd Haley are believed to be high on Parcells' list. Romeo Crennel may be atop it. >>

Parcells brought his broom. Expect a clean sweep with most of the other coaches heading for the door and Bill putting together his own staff. Afterall wouldn't you want all your own people in place if you were the one responsible for the entire football operation? Just a thought.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Dolphins have fired Cam Cameron.

Bill Parcells likely waited until GM Jeff Ireland was in place before making this move, since the GM should be able to hire the coaching staff. If the Dolphins want to interview any Cowboys assistants, they will have to do it in the next two days or wait until Dallas is out of the playoffs. Cameron becomes a leading candidate to fill any offensive coordinator jobs; San Francisco makes a lot of sense. Dallas could be another possibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

An NFL source tells the Palm Beach Post that Browns coach Romeo Crennel is on the Dolphins' "A list" of head coaching candidates.

Crennel could use Miami's interest in him as leverage in extension talks with Cleveland. Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano, who will interview with the Falcons on Friday, is reportedly also on the Dolphins' "A list."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards