Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Todays purchase for 6 free subs, how do you think I did.

I have $380 for these six cards, a 55 bowman Berra which is nice but going to be graded, two t206 cards in rough shape and an old violet chip disc which I am not sure what it is. Here is the scan.

"I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."

Comments

• Options
    Should say I have $380. I think I have some 7 maybe 8 possibilities here. What do you think?
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Please don't take this the wrong way but I hate you. image Very nice cards. Those Dodgers would go great in my Decade of Dodgers set. Congrats on some great pickups and good luck with the sub.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! The campy card looks awfully sweet. best of luck on the grades.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This local guy has a ton of 50-55 stuff. I tried two years ago to get him to sell me everything, but he would not. Today I went back for one more attempt. Well he had sold his 52 topps collection and 56 mint topps mantle, and once again he would not move onto a good price, so I cherry picked. It was just dumb luck that 4 of the 6 cards were dodgers. I really didnt care who they were. If I think they had a shot at 7 I bought them.
    CB
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of % of Beckett does he charge you for that condition?

Edited to ad: 2000th post woo hooo
  • Options
    That was my next question. What was Beckett price on the group you paid $380 for. Very nice cards.
  • Options

<< <i>What kind of % of Beckett does he charge you for that condition?

Edited to ad: 2000th post woo hooo >>

congrats nam

nappy new year's!
  • Options
    I paid about low book on all except the pafko which I paid basically book for. The post has an error I just realized. I paid $380 total, for those 6 I paid $325

I used my new 10x with light and feel really good about the corners and surfaces. There were several others that I almost bought but at his prices I know I almost have to 7s. The next lot I am going to look at of his is 55 topps. He has all the big ones except clemente and dupes of a couple and they are all in amazing shape. That lot will be probably 10x the $325, but may be even better in the long run.

Chris
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I dont mean to sound negative but your stuff all looks trimmed. A bit thin on those borders? I truly hope not and I hope you get killer grades because those are some beautiful cards!

Reese-mid left border and bottom right side look suspicious
    Campanella-right lower side looks suspicious
    Ruffing-very thin on both left and right borders and the top right corner looks suspicious
    Furrillo-bottom left and top right both look suspicious-thats not just a diamond cut I dont believe
    Mueller-right border
    50 Bowman (Furillo?)-right border, especially bottom right

Again, sorry to sound negative and I hope you get awesome grades back and they really are untrimmed and this is just an optical thing with your scanner.
  • Options
    I agree with yankeeno7. The Pafko and Campy look suspect to me. I hope it's just the scans...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I would be shocked if they were trimmed knowing the history of the cards, but anything is possible. This collector has amazing numbers of cards in all conditions. I looked through probably 6000 1933-1955 cards just to find these 6. I did look darn close at the the boarders etc with my 10x lighted loop. Although I am kind of new at the PSA grading it would seem odd to me to have the number of cards I saw that were almost nrmt and were definitely not trimmed and then have a few that were trimmed. I mean he definitely could have trimmed about 500 others to make nrmt Robinsons, Williams, Koufax ect ect ect. Thanks for all the comments and I will keep my fingers crossed. I hope to send out tomorrow.

Chris