Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ISolditonEbay Sellers Ludicrous Shipping Charges

Good day,
Do you ever wonder how the Clowns that have the E-bay ISoldIt franchises ever sell anything with there unbelievable rediculous Shipping charges. The one that opened in our town, lasted about 10 months before going belly up, I am sure the Shipping and handling charges had something to do with it.
Now everytime I see one of them selling cards, I send them this E-mail I have archived:

Good day,
At least you Isolditonebay guys never cease to bring a smile to my face when you provide such Unbelievable over the top shipping charges, $14.71 to ship some cards, get real. And you get people to not bid on your items, like me, and drive them to my E-bay Sales !!! So Keep up the good work !!!!!!!
Thanks
Neil N. Duty
thedutymon
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    When we were living in KY we had one open up next to where I was working. It was great, because customers would come in to talk to me before going over there. They wanted some coffee and I worked part time at Starbucks. So, I would always tell them that I could sell their stuff cheaper than they could. 9 out of 10 times it worked out. Those places are a rip. And I would never buy from them because I did one time. Total rip off.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ours lasted about 4 months.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    I've been tempted to try opening a similar store front, but who needs to pay franchising fees to some retards? lol. its a fairly simple concept. My friend wants to open a copy/print shop and it wouldnt be a stretch to have a little bit of space for some sort of Ebay operation. We shall see what 2008 brings.
  • Options
    If you have a business mind, franchising seems a little obsolete in this situation. I think opening something up at a print store would be awesome. Then they could sell shipping supplies too and make a killing on that when people come in to sell with you.
  • Options
    overblown hype surrounding this franchise. When your overhead includes fixed costs like rent and utilities, as well as a 10% franchise fee, it's no surprise that they look at shipping and handling as a profit center for the low dollar volume transactions.

The real scoop
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options

<< <i>overblown hype surrounding this franchise. When your overhead includes fixed costs like rent and utilities, as well as a 10% franchise fee, it's no surprise that they look at shipping and handling as a profit center for the low dollar volume transactions.

The real scoop >>

good article.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Just like anything else, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

The writer does make some interesting comments though.

Ebay does basically already have something like that in place in sales assistants program. They have no over head as they do it from home. Many have a strong Ebay following.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been tempted to try opening a similar store front, but who needs to pay franchising fees to some retards? lol. its a fairly simple concept. My friend wants to open a copy/print shop and it wouldnt be a stretch to have a little bit of space for some sort of Ebay operation. We shall see what 2008 brings. >>

That's a good business plan in my opinion.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I have actually started doing this, for friends mainly. I do it in my storefront and sell their coins/cards online on consignment. I havent advertised yet that I am doing it and wonder if I advertised this service, if I would get in trouble with ebay or not.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Good afternoon,
    Thanks for the articles, and I don't see why you can't advertise, I see others on E-bay offering to Consign all the time.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    regarding the "trading assistant" last year I had a run where I was going gangbusters with coins and I signed up for the trading assistant program, I think I was a powerseller too LOL for about 9 months. In all that time I got one call/email regarding the trading assistant service, I returned the call a couple of hours later and the guy was like, oh you took long I found someone else.