Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

sounds like jojosportscards to me....

Ebay ID geewillywillackers. Read the fine print under the picture as he/she states no cards are guaranteed to grade since they've been altered. PEOPLE ARE STILL BIDDING! Isn't this the same crap jojo started doing before they finally got booted? Damn, makes me want to buy a thousand high dollar rookies in crap condition and just trim them down and come right out and tell people "Hey, I cut these up to make them look nice". At least I'm being honest and apparently people will still buy them. Do buyers really not read everything or are they just stupid?

Comments

• Options
    the people who are buying them will then sell them as legit.....thats the scam.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    20% restocking fee as well. It is the same seller.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think they are mostly stupid.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I think they are mostly stupid.

Steve >>

I disagree.

This is hid in the middle of a large, fine-print paragraph.

Easily missed. In fact, he directs you to read the description of his grade before you actually get to the part when it talks about cards being altered.

-->

All cards are guaranteed to be authentic or your money back. You are bidding on the exact card shown in the scan and in the title. My opinion of the condition is listed in the title but I ask that you please take a good look at the detailed scans provided and please read the description of the card's condition below in bold print. Also, please read all shipping and handling information below. The described condition is only an opinion and this card is not guaranteed to grade since it has been altered. We try to keep the s&h as low as possible so please do not complain about the s&h charge after bidding. Payment is expected within 7 days of auction's end. Thanks for bidding & good luck!

• Options
    I agree.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I still think most are stupid.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Check out this item sold by jojosportsheaven and this item currently for sale by geewillywillackers.

If you read the descriptions and return policy of both auctions, they are almost the same.

• Options
    not the same seller. At least this guy states the cards are trimmed. I think some of these buyers know what they're getting. Either they will resell as legit or they don't mind a trimmed, but authentic card at a steep (presumably) discount. Most probably miss the altered part in the description. Stupid or just careless? Maybe a bit of both.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    I agree.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Not the same seller? Sure, they're the same seller!

Here is the shipping information from jojos:

<< <i>Winner will add $4.00 for shipping & handling with delivery confirmation. Combined shipping is available ONLY on auctions won the same day. Combined shipping available at an extra $1.00 for each additional card with maximum shipping of $8.00 for any number of cards. Insurance is optional at $1.50 for for the first $50.00 in value, $2.50 for auctions ending between $50.01 an $100.00, and an additional $1.00 for every $100.00 in value after the first $100.00. We will not be responsible for uninsured items. We ONLY accept Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, and Personal Checks. Personal checks require a 10 day hold to allow for funds to clear. CANADA residents may bid but note that we will not mark the item as a gift and we will write the exact sale price on the customs form. Thanks, and good luck! >>

Here is the shipping information from geewillywillackers:

<< <i>Winner will add $3.00 for shipping & handling with delivery confirmation. Combined shipping is available ONLY on auctions won the same day. Combined shipping available at an extra $1.00 for each additional card with maximum shipping of $8.00 for any number of cards. Insurance is optional at $1.60 for for the first $50.00 in value, $2.50 for auctions ending between $50.01 an $100.00, and an additional $1.00 for every $100.00 in value after the first $100.00. We will not be responsible for uninsured items. We ONLY accept Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, and Personal Checks. Personal checks require a 10 day hold to allow for funds to clear. CANADA residents may bid but note that we will not mark the item as a gift and we will write the exact sale price on the customs form. Winniner has three days to return the card for any reason, however, there is a 20% restocking fee on all returns. As mentioned in the description, this card is altered and is therefore not guranteed to grade by a third party. S&H is not refundable nor is return shipping. Thanks, and good luck! >>

They are almost identical!
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I've dealt with both - same guy.
  • Options
    I agree.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I stand corrected. Same guy but with full disclosure now. Looks like his system isn't working quite so well anymore.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options

<< <i>I agree.

Steve >>

LOL!!