Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on 1988 Fleer Basketball

I've opened four boxes of this stuff and I can't for the life of me remember how many cards are supposed to be in each pack. Is it 12 plus on sticker or is it 11 plus the sticker to equal the 12 that is advertised on the wrapper?

Comments

• Options
    yes.
  • Options
    I just opened my fourth box on Saturday and each pack had 11 (some had 10 but it's normal to be short one every once in awhile) plus the sticker. I'm thinking the box was searched because I didn't get a single Jordan or Pippen....which usually come in the same pack.
  • Options
    four boxes and no Jordan or Pippen???? Yeah, they were searched. Neither was a SP.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    if your interested I'd like to buy a set.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    There should be 12 cards 1 sticker per pack..If you did not yeild any jordans or pippens I would say the box was searched. On a legit box you should always get 3 complete sets with stickers and a little left over for a 4th set.
  • Options
    yes 12 cards + sticker and if there where no jordans or pippens box was searched.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this '87-'88 or '88-'89. Nothing to add, just curious.
  • Options
    dang, you got hosed. where did you buy the boxes from? Gary?
  • Options

<< <i> I've opened four boxes of this stuff >>

Were did you buy them at?????
  • Options
    The first three boxes I opened over six months ago.....those were all fine. I just bought this fourth box about 10 days ago. Not one pack had 12 cards plus the sticker. They all had 11 cards plus the sticker. My first impression was that they were re-sealed packs but I'm not so so sure now. I've got at least five gradeable stickers, which were nearly impossible to find centered and in Mint condition. One Isiah Thomas Sticker even has a legitimit chance at a 10...which would bring 3 to 4 hundred if so. The Collation on the other three boxes was not the best so I'm not so sure about the three complete sets per box idea. IDK....I may have got hosed and I'm just trying to make myself feel better?
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we know the stellar sellers name from this box?
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Seller was bbcardstor......he has over 11,000 transactions!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind
  • Options
    1988-89' Fleer. Stockton, Pippen, Miller, and Rodman rookies!
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleer collation was usually very good. You should have gotten 3 complete sets plus extras. You should have gotten 3 complete sticker sets.
    James
  • Options

<< <i>Fleer collation was usually very good. You should have gotten 3 complete sets plus extras. You should have gotten 3 complete sticker sets.
    James >>

I agree, I have opened a few boxes myself. I would only buy this product from bbce or D&A I don't think I would try my luck on ebay.