Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bored, Late night EBAY look, purchase

Holiday Break must be getting to me. Sat down for a quick EBAY run through and found the card below. Visions of what might be ran through my head, of course I bid, and win. Not sure how good I did until the card comes, but a little reassuring from the group might help my guilt right now. I know it's limited on the pic size, but it's what i went off of. Anyone want to hazard a guess at the grade. To get it out of the way:

PSA 6 chaz

The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.

Comments

• Options
    link

It seems like the seller, great_lakes_auction_house, is the raw selling ID for a big-time eBay seller? can anyone else fill me in?
  • Options
    P.S.

to me, looks like an easy 8.
  • Options
    Beware of anything sold by great_lakes_auction_house

They specialize in only raw when most big sellers would send them in to be graded. Theres a reason.....
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beware of anything sold by great_lakes_auction_house

They specialize in only raw when most big sellers would send them in to be graded. Theres a reason..... >>

my guess, paper wrinkle on the back, PSA 5

this (psa 5 crack out) is that seller's forte
  • Options
    "We guarantee this card is AUTHENTIC and UNTRIMMED or your money back. "

hmm.

please let us know how it looks in hand and if you can find something wrong with it.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful card - even with the indent. Here's the scoop on Great Lakes.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    so what is there other ID?
    thanks for the linkydink Bosox.
  • Options
    Q]This, 100% authentic, 1952 Topps baseball Warren Spahn #33 card is STUNNING (NEAR-MINT to MINT) >>

I noticed the wording or lack there of on certain cards. The fact that they had nm-mint in the description did come in to play for me. Like I said, a late night whim. I'm anxious to see the card in person. No negative feedback in the last 12 months so if there are issues with past sales, they must be good at smoothing them over if nothing else.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    They buy under the eBay id crab-chucks. Check it out, you'll see. They usually buy 5s and 6s and re-sell them raw.
  • Options
    any chance that great lakes is also:These guys....

both in Michigan....
    I tracked the Landry card from an auction that the Crab ID bought...
    same auction style, similar description, same long distance photos.

So thats THREE Id's for these guys, 2 selling one buying.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Do a search on eBay and you should find this card being sold in a holder in the past few months. Great Lakes cracks them and sells them raw. Scans look GREAT, but there's something wrong you can't see in the scan

"Molon Labe"