Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rippin' a few packs here...

One 07 Donruss Football Gridiron, 3 2007 UD Goudeys....

Not bad on the Gridiron. Pulled a Favre, Andre Johnson, and Shaun Alexander.

Now for the Goudeys!!
Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.

Comments

• Options
    Pleasantly surprised with the Goudeys. Considering I got these packs at Target, I opened with trepidation as to whether or not any decent cards would come of it. I managed an Alex Rodriguez, Vlad Guerrero, Smoltz, Miguel Tejada, Matt Holliday, Delmon Young RC, and some sort of Babe Ruth card (though not an insert). Very happy with these, and several others I got were semistars (Varitek, Hafner, Garrett Atkins). Nice looking cards with great throwback appeal.
  • Options
    Did you pull a #201 Mike Schmidt from the Goudey? Thats the last card I need for my set. LMK and I will send along some $$ if you wanna sell...
  • Options

<< <i>Did you pull a #201 Mike Schmidt from the Goudey? Thats the last card I need for my set. LMK and I will send along some $$ if you wanna sell... >>

Sorry, no Schmidt. But I do plan on buying a few more packs in the future, so I'll keep you posted. Have you been buying these by the pack or boxes? And what have been your successes on pulling any inserts?
  • Options
    scans??

• Options
    I bought them mostly by the blaster boxes ($19.99 @ Walmart/Target) and then a few lots of base cards on ebay. The only retail inserts I have gotten are the SPs #201-288 (pretty easy to find, around 1 in 3 or 4 packs) and 1 game jersey card of some guy on the A's.
  • Options

<< <i>I bought them mostly by the blaster boxes ($19.99 @ Walmart/Target) and then a few lots of base cards on ebay. The only retail inserts I have gotten are the SPs #201-288 (pretty easy to find, around 1 in 3 or 4 packs) and 1 game jersey card of some guy on the A's. >>

Nice. I didn't see any blasters at Target, just packs. Wasn't sure about it, so I just picked up a few packs. I'll look for a box next time I'm in a Wal-mart or a different Target. I really like these cards.
  • Options
  • Options
    ANd here are the Goudeys. All these scans are in penny savers, so if they looked scratched at all, that's probably it.