Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

BOOM'S QUARTERS - SOLD & RETIRED - NEW OWNER DISCLOSES IDENTITY. MORE PCGS REGISTRY CALIBER WASH

(Update) BOOM's Quarters has been SOLD to a Buyer whose identity I will respect by keeping it confidential.

The SALE is FINAL and my little set is now Officially Retired!

It's been a blast putting this awesomely PQ set together.

The "New Owner" is well educated in this series and saw every coin IN HAND! I KNOW he is VERY satisfied!

It's been a great run but Here is where I get off!

I trust that the new caretaker will take it to new heights. image

*** Update - I DO have a number of PCGS Registry caliber Washington Quarters available to fellow Registry participants and set builders. Contact me for pix and details.***

Comments

• Options
    I have seen this slide-show and it is amazing. I am not looking for a full set, but if I was this would be a great one to have. Some truely beautiful coins here sir. It must have been a very fun journey...

Wow
  • Options
    If I had 34 thousand sigh.... Good luck selling it... quite a shame to part with it
    Dave
    Positive BST transactions with: Patches, Greencopper, 09sVDB, Ajia, Whatsup, RpmHunter, tander123,ModCrewman,Lablade

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thanks fellas. I appreciate the nice words.image

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To winded for me.Thought I was reading a short novel.

Al
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I think the coins say too much for me. I like the quiet types. image

Nice set.
  • Options
    Thats one rich dude...
    Dave
    Positive BST transactions with: Patches, Greencopper, 09sVDB, Ajia, Whatsup, RpmHunter, tander123,ModCrewman,Lablade

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sold that set in one day,for $37.000.That was your asking price before you deleted part of the original
    thread..as you have a habit of doing.I dont believe a word of it.
    Al
  • Options
    Palmieri, not only do you have an attitude problem but you also obviously have a comprehensive reading problem and suffer from "hallucinations".

First of all, I could care less what you will "have" or not.

Perhaps you missed the obvious word "Pending."

NOWHERE did I state that I've sold it for $37,000. What was edited out was my opening asking price along with the Venue in which it was offered. Since both are no longer applicable, they're gone.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to take this debate to the BST board - so we can stop TTT this "for sale" thread here please.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    While this IS at the top, let it be known that I have no desire to ttt it but some peoples' "contributions" certainly have

NO value here.

As far as I'm concerned the moderator can lock it up or take it away.

This is Nonsense.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Boom

Glad you were able to make a deal for your nice set.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    It's "Official". Boom's Quarters has been sold.

I now need to contact PCGS in order to "retire" the set, tie up the loose ends (and ALL that comes with it) so that the new owner may do as he pleases with it.

I am VERY satisfied and am certain the new Owner is as well. He was able to see every coin "in hand."

Thanks. image
  • Options
    Good for you Boom.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Funny how things have a way of working themselves out!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Thanx all. Mouth watering, eh? image

I'm not saying this simply because I assembled this set but rather as a result of seeking out the most appealing (to me) specimen I could find.

Whereas most begin with the lesser coins, I began with PQ keys ... and it shows, quite clearly. There are some real beauties there!image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations BOOM!

You stuck it though and now you are enjoying the fruits of your efforts.

You going to take it easy before toying with another set of something else?

EDITED to correct spelling mistake.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks Oreville and Lee and all the rest of you guys. It's a strange feeling, indeed!

I think I'll just take it easy for a while. image
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    Can you name the new owner yet?
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I am the new owner of Boom's quarters. Listed in the registry as Barry Gardner's Washies. Lovely collection of PQ coins!
    Thanks Boom!!!
  • Options
    congrats Boom image
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Oreville and Lee and all the rest of you guys. It's a strange feeling, indeed!

I think I'll just take it easy for a while. image >>

No you won't Boom! You are just as obsessed by coin collecting as you have always been! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Oreville and Lee and all the rest of you guys. It's a strange feeling, indeed!

I think I'll just take it easy for a while. image >>

No you won't Boom! You are just as obsessed by coin collecting as you have always been! image >>

So what is he accumulating now?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea but for anybody to accumulate a collection such as he had, tell's me that it'll be tough to stop cold turkey!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am the new owner of Boom's quarters. Listed in the registry as Barry Gardner's Washies. Lovely collection of PQ cions!
    Thanks Boom!!! >>

Thanks for letting us know......but I think you just let some air out of some of the windbags that had some negative speculation on the sale (ie....thinking it didn't sell).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Boom and the New Owner!

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Boom and docg!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice set, Boom. Congrats to the new owner.
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546

<< <i>

<< <i>I am the new owner of Boom's quarters. Listed in the registry as Barry Gardner's Washies. Lovely collection of PQ cions!
    Thanks Boom!!! >>

Thanks for letting us know......but I think you just let some air out of some of the windbags that had some negative speculation on the sale (ie....thinking it didn't sell).

image >>

Its very refreshing to confirm something boom posted. image
  • Options
    Thanks all. I had promised to keep the new owner's identity under wraps out of respect
    for his Privacy. Having done so, I am now at liberty to say, "You are quite Welcome, Barry."
    I am quite confident that you will be able to take it to newer heights. Enjoy.

DocG is a true Class Act! I could not have hand-picked or asked for a better person to hand
    this set over to. There are many very unique pieces in this set.

I can close my eyes and still "see" every last piece. Numbers may count but Beauty is EVERYTHING!

I wish ALL of you, all the best. Even you, Palmieri. Looks like you were wrong, Tex. Are you Man enough to ..... ??
    Never mind. It REALLY doesn't matter! BTW, thanks Craig. I appreciate the compliment. You're OK & I truly am sorry for
    things I should never have said. It was wrong of me and I hope you Forgive me!

Thank you ALL for the very nice compliments regarding the Quality of the set. I DO appreciate it
    just as I appreciate each & every one of YOU.

David (Poole), remember when?? Looks like I bet on the right Horse, huh? You know what I am
    referring to! Congratulations on your accomplishment & forever making me a part of your great set. image

Congratulations to you, DocG. I know the set will be well taken care of.

Best Wishes,

BOOM ~ image
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    An interesting side note. To deliver the set, Boom (Warren) and his sister rented a SUV in the middle of January and hand delivered the set to me. The crazy part of that is they drove from Louisiana to Salt Lake City, Utah over some of the worst winter roads there are (such as interstate 80 from Cheyene to Evanston, WY) during one of the snowiest winters in the Western United States in the past 20 years! Boom said there were times they could barely see the freeway traveling at 20 MPH in blizzard conditions. Luckily they arrived alive and had better weather for the return drive. It was nice to sit down with another collector face to face and exchange stories and look at coins. It also shows what kind of person Boom is as far as making sure the coins arrived safely and that I was happy with them. Since obtaining the set I have had the chance to go through the coins. There are several tougher date coins in the set that are graded MS66 that certainly deserve to be in MS67 slabs, and all the MS67 coins are rock solid for the grade. A beautiful set all around! Thanks again Boom (AKA Warren Segura)!
  • Options
    Damn Warren- I never did get the 56 I needed.......image

Doc- nice set, Warren does have a good eye for coins.
  • Options
    Congratulations doc.
  • Options
    Just a footnote regarding the "what is he accumulating now" question.

Basically I am devoted to a couple more "specialized" areas -

none even remotely involving Washington Quarters. Guess if you care to

but I doubt anyone would even come close to being right.

Lee is right, as usual IMHO, about "once in your blood it's in for Life."

One of the sets is basically finished however it remains RAW,

safely stored in a manner that prevents any possibity of damage.

Maybe someday I'll have these coins graded but for now they are

coming along quite nicely, stored as they are. I've always like this "set".

The coins are so unique that there can be no accidental mistakes

regarding ownership. Mistakes do take place, given volumes involved.

It's inevitable and to be expected. PCGS has always been quite fair

with me and in handling my coins - I must say. Thanks guys.

As for the others ....... image - Classic is all I have to say at present! image

BTW - to keep this thread on track, I DO have a multitude of Registry

caliber PCGS certified Washington Quarters left, for SALE to set builders

in need. Feel free to contact me anytime. I'd be more than happy to

work with any and all of you in the building of YOUR Registry Sets.

Good Day all.

BOOM image

** As usual - edited for spelling corrections.image
  • Options
    Do you have either a 1938 or 1938-s, needed for birth year set?
    Thanks, Ron
    Alex and Nan's registry sets.
  • Options
    Guys, anybody needing anything, please PM me vs posting here. It isn't fair to others to unintenionally keep this thread at or near the top by requesting coins here.

Send me a PM and I will get back to you and give you my email address so we can work without interfering with others' space. Thanx for understanding & your cooperation.

Regards,

BOOM image