Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This just in. Troy Williamson is bad...

Really bad!

Isn't it a requirement that you can actually catch a ball in order to play WR in the NFL?

Comments

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    He let the long one bounce off his chest. He wasn't even close to making the catch. I wanted to see things work out for the vikings today, but no such luck.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Washington is going to win and we're out. I am enjoying watching this game though. Tarvaris looks good in the 4th quarter! Fun game to watch, regardless of the outcome now. It's nice to see the Queens fight when they're down. Under the Tice regime, that just didn't happen.

Williamson also dropped that short 3rd down pass that would have given us a first down. Hit him right in the bread-basket. He better be gone next year. At least Wade can catch a damn ball.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Here goes with the saying a Vikings fan lives by: Oh well, there's always next year!
  • Options
    I would be surprised if Williamson is with the team next year! Great speed but he can't catch the deep ball worth a darn!
    Paul
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of drafting Williamson in both my leagues this year. Luckily I took him late and cut him early in the season. I figured he was due to bust out at SOME point. Guess I was wrong. Wasn't that stiff a 1st rounder???
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Sadly, he was the #7 pick we got in the Moss trade. What a bargain that turned out to be. Oh, and our 2nd round pick Ryan Cook, the guy responsible for the facemask in the endzone (resulting in a safety) today, was in the deal for Culpepper.

I can't believe how bad Williamson is. Is catching really that hard? I mean my god, that 3rd down pass literally hit him in sternum and he let it pop right out. He is SO bad.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of the Vikes, what on the heck happened to All Day in the second half of the season??? He just flat out disappeared. Was it all the after effects of the knee injury?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Hey envoy98
    Could be worse...you could be a Bears fan! image
  • Options
    Or worse....you could be a Dolphins fan. image

Although, with The Big Tuna at the helm, we should be okay in acquiring talent. I won't expect more than a 6-10 or 7-9 season next year if everyone stays healthy. But, I just hope that Cam Cameron stays on in some capacity (hopefully as the Off Coordinator) when Marty Shottenheimer is brought in to coach next year.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Here goes with the saying a Vikings fan lives by: Oh well, there's always next year! >>

Josh
    I was really looking forward to my Seahawks whoopin up on the Vikes next week, I guess it wasnt meant to be

I already picked up some good playoff ticks from Jonathan Miller, so Ill be wearing my Steve Largent jersey up to Seattle next weekend. On to Green Bay after that to end this cinderella story of Farves. image
  • Options
    At least da Bears went to the Super Bowl last year. We've come close (NFC Champ game) a few times in the last 10 years, but never quite made it. But yes, at least I'm not a Dolphins fan. My wifes uncle is a Fish fan...he's been so miserable. Not to mention his wife is a Packer fan. Poor guy. image

Joe: Seahawks beating the Packers? As much as I'd love to see that as a Vikings fan, I don't see that happening. The Packers look very good this year. It'll be interesting to see if they meet up with the Cowboys again.

As for AP. I have no idea what happened. I don't know why Mewelde Moore was used today at all, AP must have PO'd the Chilly for something. He looked great after the knee injury against the Lions, but he's had a heckuva time the last few weeks. Always next year right? lol

I think Tarvaris made some nice strides today. That 4th quarter performance was actually something to watch.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Tarvaris sucks, its hard to win when your QB sucks, its also hard to win when you have now wide outs that can catch the ball.

JS
  • Options
    IMO Tavaris Jackson really sucks. He makes big mistakes at crucial times. AP only had nine carries....nine!!! You have one of the best running backs in the league and he sits on the bench for the majority of the game. I'd like to see more screens and swing passes to AP, not just handing him the ball. The opponents key on him. If he's in, it's a run right or run left. How in the heck can we put up 40+ points on the Chargers and the Giants, but choke to the Redskins and the Broncos??? I don't see much intensity out there lately. I've become used to the Vikings way of up and down performance. Been a die hard fan since I was five years old (1972) and I've pretty much given up on them ever doing anything great. Our best chance was '98 and that ended in classic Vikes fashion. Yes, I always say "wait until next year", but it's a long off season to wait. And to think we moved up in the draft to get Jackson...pathetic. Just my two cents...I had to vent.
    Troy Williamson BETTER be gone....he could write a book on how NOT to catch a pass. I do like Sidney Rice, though.....

Dan
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    Rember that he was to be the next Moss and he has dropped so may passes, I am not sure why he is still playong.
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Man was I pissed yesterday seeing that moron drop that wide open pass!! I think it's all physiological with him now because
    he dropped another one shortly after.I really hope the Vikes drop his sorry assimage
  • Options
    The Vikes will cut him and he will be looking for work outside of football next year, not that this should surpise anyone....

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    I hope they drop him like he does to passes. He needs to go. Period.

He's had these problems since they drafted him. No I know why SC never threw the ball, they didn't have a WR that could catch it. How he went at #7 is absolutely baffling.
  • Options
    Williamson is on a plane to New York as we speak.

He's scheduled to drop the ball in Times Square tonight.