Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

January

Anybody heard anything about what the January Special on grading might be? A 50's - 60's football would be nice but might not produce the increase in submissions PSA would want to see. Just wondering what I might dig out and look at to consider for submitting.
Thanks - - - Rick
"I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    They changed the pricing so you dont have to wait to to a bulk submission by era, I have a feeling the specials may change drstically or no specials at all image
  • I saw the pricing change effective Jan. 14 - I wondered about what that might be do to the specials also. Do you understand on the present special about the "autographed cards excluded" with the asterik * -

*Autographed cards from the manufacturer from 1998 to 2000 are allowed on this special. cards Autographed Cards pre-1998 must be submitted under the Autographed Card Grading and Authentication service.

This is from the "new" pricing schedule:
    Autographed cards dated pre-1998 and/or those not directly from manufacturer must be sent through the Autographed Card Grading and Authentication Service (fee may vary depending on card value, see listed restrictions and requirements). Autographed cards dated 1998 and later (direct from manufacturer or previously authenticated by PSA/DNA) may be sent through any of the listed services (note restrictions and requirements for each level).

I understand the pre-1998. What is special about the cards after 2000?

"I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
    Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I see the turnaround times are all "ESTIMATED" now as well. Interesting...

I wonder if the $13 / 5 day special will go away now as well.

I have to say I LOVE the look of the new bulk services but it is interesting that 10 card bulk is 30 days, but the next two levels (50 & 100 cards) are both 45 days.

I know this will make it easier for me to submit some things. In fact, I have a small stack of some mid-grade 50's baseball and early football that were not worth the $13 submission fee.
  • I personally don't like the new bulk requirements of 100 cards for $6. I can usually accumulate 50 cards/$6 each to send in under the current 1960-present bulk service but 100 cards/$6 each = $600 plus shipping is getting too steep! A guy could go to the $8 level but if you don't get a bunch of 9's you are going to be losing money as many commons sell for less than that on ebay! Just my two cents!
    Paul