Home Sports Talk
Options

That Game Felt Like The Superbowl

Maybe a rematch later? image

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta respect that both teams wanted that game like it meant everything! Prolly not the smartest thing but nobody got hurt so it all worked out well.

Congrats to all the players out there who played like gladiators tonight! image
  • Options

<< <i>smartest thing but nobody got hurt so it all worked out well. >>

The Giants had a couple of injuries, the corner and the center. I don't know if it's serious though.
  • Options
    I think it was fixed.

the NFL needed a good, close game to make sure that NBC and CBS and everyone that was watchingwere not mad.

we all knew that the pats were going to win. everyone knew. even Eli knew.

they fixed it to be close and still give them the win

that way everyone is happy. giants did not get blown out (save face), pats get perfect season, fans watch the whole game, nbc and cbs are happy as clams, nfl gets rich.

FIXED!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats to all the players out there who played like gladiators tonight! image >>

Forgot about those guys image Well we will go with this then!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Congrats to all the players out there who played like gladiators tonight! image >>

Forgot about those guys image Well we will go with this then! >>

Remember the Brady to Moss bomb TD? (silly question), well Sam Madison was not in to cover the play because he was hurt and didn't return.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Great effort by Manning and the GIANTS! With all the major injuries they faced against them, still one great game.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

This was the first game all year that Eli finally looked like a quarterback. I didn't see that moping, pouting face he makes after an incomplete pass. I changed the words to " There's no crying in football!!". Can't believe i didn't have to say that all game. It didn't look like he was trying to think out there but was playing in the flow of the game. In my book, they just made a major statement to the first round team they will be facing. One of the best games i have seen--and no thanks to the "MF"L NETWORK!!! Gumbel grinds on me like Tim McCarver!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe a rematch later? image >>

If the Giants, and more notably Eli Manning can play like they did last night, they should go to the Superbowl. Dallas has looked very beatable lately.
  • Options

<< <i>

If the Giants, and more notably Eli Manning can play like they did last night, they should go to the Superbowl. Dallas has looked very beatable lately. >>

I think so too.
  • Options
    IF Giants win against Green Bay and PATS advance to the SB as well........THAT WOULD BE A GREAT GAME. The Giants gave it their all verse the PATS last time.
  • Options

<< <i>IF Giants win against Green Bay and PATS advance to the SB as well........THAT WOULD BE A GREAT GAME. The Giants gave it their all verse the PATS last time. >>

It's inching closer to reality, but next week will be a very very tough game.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This was the first game all year that Eli finally looked like a quarterback. I didn't see that moping, pouting face he makes after an incomplete pass. I changed the words to " There's no crying in football!!". Can't believe i didn't have to say that all game. It didn't look like he was trying to think out there but was playing in the flow of the game. In my book, they just made a major statement to the first round team they will be facing. One of the best games i have seen--and no thanks to the "MF"L NETWORK!!! Gumbel grinds on me like Tim McCarver!! >>

wow, are you ever BEHIND the eight ball. Did ya catch even a glimpse of Eli at Buffalo, home vs Pats, at Tampa before todays game? image That Buffalo second half was the spring board for this ....

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Softy, better check the date of that post you quoted. This thread was started after the Giants/Patriots game.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoops! My apologies! Im toasted image carew you the man ......... and I won't even delete my horses a$$ of a post image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Blame Gonblott. He tt'd this thread image
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Eli taking on Brett and the Pack in Green Bay?

Eli will need a career game to keep it close!

rd

• Options

I called it before and now its show time! G-Men gave it their all last time and fell up short, lets see the 2nd time around!
  • Options

<< <i>Eli taking on Brett and the Pack in Green Bay?

Eli will need a career game to keep it close!

rd >>

LOL
  • Options

<< <i>IF Giants win against Green Bay and PATS advance to the SB as well........THAT WOULD BE A GREAT GAME. The Giants gave it their all verse the PATS last time. >>

Told ya so?
  • Options
    This is a famous thread now. It has a sort of Twilight Zone feeling to it image.
  • Options

<< <i>This is a famous thread now. It has a sort of Twilight Zone feeling to it image. >>

Indeed Gemmint! Indeed!!