Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I miss the JamminJ - Numismatic Year in Review

He used to post his (10) best (incredibly toned) coins of the year with short Bio's of each.
And, his picture taking skills were incredible...

I was so impressed, I saved the post to an MSWord file. Here is his thread from 2004 (1.5 MB) JamminJ's Numismatic Year in Review 2004

There are a few people here who have the photographic abilities to showcase their collection in this way:

I nominate 2Kopeiki, Syracusian, CoinPictures and Preussen to build their 'Numismatic Year in Review' for us.

*** PLEASE *** *** PLEASE *** *** PLEASE ***

Anyone else is welcome to the same challenge; the spotlight is yours...

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Speakin' of JJ, anyone know what's up? Looks like he hasn't posted here since June...
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a pretty cool overview post, JZ. I can put together something similar once I'm done with work tonigh, but the caliber of coins would be much lower, obviously image

CP - I beleive he spends most of his time across the street image
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I haven't had a whole lot of time for coins (or much else for that matter) since the second kid arrived. Baby arrived May 22, which jibes well with a most recent post in June. While my wife was pregnant I sold off my entire inventory since I knew there would be no time for coin pimping. I've also semi retired from collecting, with little time for the hunt. I'm more or less restricted to picking up the occasional coin Greg Margulies thinks I'd like. I did finish off my Victory thaler collection, all but Prussia are really nice and 3 of the 5 are Greg's sloppy seconds.

BTW, feel free to join my dead pool you can win a set of monogrammed towels.

• Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    James, you sold your entire inventory image No wonder Ebay has sucked lately image
  • Options
    Best of luck with the kids JamminJ - we are expecting our first very, very soon. Mrs Istilllike........ looks like she is about to pop. image

Your photographs are some of the best around and what's more, they are unique in the sense that they are instantly identifyable as JamminJ photos.

I am the proud owner of 3 of your Vatican coins btw - very beautiful coins. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options

<< <i>James, you sold your entire inventory image No wonder Ebay has sucked lately image >>

It was hell! I kept buying deals but would only sell enough to recover my cost before buying the next. Before long I had a closet full of random stuff. It took forever to unload, I had to wholesale a lot of it out.

• Options

<< <i>Best of luck with the kids JamminJ - we are expecting our first very, very soon. Mrs Istilllike........ looks like she is about to pop. image

Your photographs are some of the best around and what's more, they are unique in the sense that they are instantly identifyable as JamminJ photos.

I am the proud owner of 3 of your Vatican coins btw - very beautiful coins. image >>

Good luck with the baby. The first wasn't that dramatic of a change - you've still got them outnumbered when there's only one.

I see stuff being sold with my photos from time to time, a bit of nostalgia there. Glad you like the vatican coins!
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Jammin - it's really good to see you back here. Congrats on the new little one.

I wish you were still active collecting coins, and hope you return soon.

Merry Christmas

-Jeff