Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New pricing and services from PSA

Comment if you wish.......
Letter from Joe Orlando

Edited to add: I like that the bulk items don't have to be seperated by era, and the declared value has been upped to $100 each. I did notice that all turnaround times are now estimated image

Comments

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also like the change in bulk, gives e a better chance to use it
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I guess they are firing the customer service department since no one can call on any service any more ans say "where are my grades?" looks like the end of vouchers as well since they can now grade any card whenever they want.
  • Options
    I like that most of the changes are positive, but I see there are no more guaranteed times.
  • Options
    I'm really glad the bulk submission guidelines have changed too. I had about 8 '56 commons and 5 '70s commons that I was going to have to wait on a special to submit. It is $2 higher per card for a 60-71 common now though. $1 higher for 54-59.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    well that means a buck more for me and my last batch of 55's but much easier than tryin to fill up a submission with random crack outs just to get the era minimum
  • Options
    But $3 cheaper each for my 1936, 1952, and 1953 cards

Good Day,
    I think this is awesome, spent yesterday putting together a sub of Non Sport with cards from 1936, 50, 52, 53, and lots of 60's stuff. So how are the new Bulk guidelines going to affect the Bi-Monthly specials ???? Will there still be specials like in the past, am not seeing the make-up of what specials would be with the new Bulk guidelines. Except perhaps they could knock off a $1 a card on each bulk service level. My sub waiting for Weds. is 107 cards, this would save me $107 bucks.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow or if nobody post's the Special on the website, on Weds. !!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭
    Neil, don't send on Wednesday, as the new pricing and rules don't start until until Jan 14th.

<< <i>Starting January 14, 2008, new pricing for PSA submissions will go into effect. >>

Edited to add, you will save even more than the $107 as your return shipping will only be one charge, not 2 or 3 if you had to break them up into seperate subs. Good luck with them.
  • Options
    I'm happy with the new bulk submission rules since I will no longer have to worry about having to divide everything up into 1954-1959, 1960-1971, and 1972-present and worry about having the minimum quantities of 50/50/100 for each era.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    A welcome change. It shouldn't be tough to come up with the 100 card minimum for $6 pricing since you can combine all the vintage eras plus modern cards.

One thing I do wonder - since most bulk orders will probably now contain a mixture of cards, how will they determine which grader(s) handle them? If a submission has 85 post-1975 cards and 15 pre-1953 cards, would it go to a modern grader or one of the vintage guys? Or was there never such thing as a modern grader and a vintage grader (I always assumed there was, but maybe not)?
  • Options
    Where are you finding the new pricing
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Where are you finding the new pricing >>

Here is a Link to the new pricing fees for PSA.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Another thread (I can't find it now) asked about specials since they changed the bulk. I emailed Joe and received this response.
    If anyone is interested...

"We will still run specials every month just like usual – take care"

I'm curious to see how they'll align with the new pricing. I have to say, I LOVE the new bulk structure.