Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

First Lincoln 72 DDO Die 4 Attribution made today!

Lincoln Collectors, I am stoked about the new Varieties collections within the Lincoln sets. PCGS sent my grade today on the die 4 Lincoln I had submitted. It is currently the only example to have been attributed in
BN, RB, or RD. The new PCGS # for this variety is 38020 and contains 1 example in MS64BN. The next two #'s
38021 and 22 will be RB and RD. Am I missing something here? When searching the 21 and 22 the message is "population not available at this time". Anyone out there know of a attributed example that is not in a error coin holder? Any estimates on pops for this variety? Shag is smilin'. image

Comments

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lincoln Collectors, I am stoked about the new Varieties collections within the Lincoln sets. PCGS sent my grade today on the die 4 Lincoln I had submitted. It is currently the only example to have been attributed in
    BN, RB, or RD. The new PCGS # for this variety is 38020 and contains 1 example in MS64BN. The next two #'s
    38021 and 22 will be RB and RD. Am I missing something here? When searching the 21 and 22 the message is "population not available at this time". Anyone out there know of a attributed example that is not in a error coin holder? Any estimates on pops for this variety? Shag is smilin'. image >>

At this time, the Lincohn experts are either recovering from playing santa or they're playing with their toys! image

Stay tuned!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, because you have a Die #4, means we Lincoln collectors are very jealous! But, let me also that yes I know a few other forum members here who have such a coin that will soon be on they way to either get reholdered with the correct Number or holdered for the first time. And no, I am NOT one of them unfortunately. Congrtas.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

Many more Varieties will be forth coming in the Lincoln cent Complete set.

I have a handfull to crossover as well.

Do I need to just pay for a regular submission if it is a Lincoln variety versus a mint error submission?
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim, I submitted this one raw so I can't say for certain. It is my understanding that you may
    only need to pay for the attribution fee. (15 dollars) But it would be best to check with customer
    service before sending in that submission. Keep us informed, as I too have a couple in the error holders
    that will fit into the new sets. Shag
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim, you pay ONLY $15 if the coin is ALREADY in a PCGS holder. If its in another holder, you pay the service fee for the type of service (reg, Economy, etc) plus the $15 for Variety Attribution. If the coin ALREADY has a PCGS coin number, like the 1936 Double dies, then you submit for Variety attribution. Error coin submissions can be tricky, I would call PCGS to get instructions on the particular coin you are after.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.