Home Sports Talk
Options

Randy Moss, love him or hate him?

I think his past misdeeds have been blown out of proportion except for the fight in high school. Honestly, does anyone really care that he smokes weed? He's done some disrespectful things on the field but hell, it's the NFL! Look at all of the other crap that goes on and I think his behavior is somewhat mild compared to what others have done. Then again, I'm biased because he's from my area and went to Marshall when I was attending there. Surprisingly, he's somewhat hated even in his home state.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Moss has talent no doubt, but if everything isn't going well then he will break down a la TO. Moss has benifited by the great
    players around him, namely Welker and Brady. I think going 15-0 will shut up any player!

JS
  • Options
    I've got to agree with plifter, Randy really hasn't done anything terrible in the NFL. Staying motivated on a losing team (as he was in Oakland) would be hard for any caliber athlete, that's why the 'experts' say losing in contageous. When he was winning in Minnesota, and again now with New England, you're seeing the 'real' Randy Moss.

His smoking habbits, the traffic incident, and the other things still don't add up to 1/3 of the stink that TO has caused in his career.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    The fight in high school was the worst thing he ever did. The other guy called him a dumb ni**er so I can understand him being pissed. However, apparently he gave the boy a bit too much of a beating and sent him to the hospital. Oh well, that kid got Randy's first few paychecks in the NFL. His lawyer waited until he signed pro to file suit, just within the statute of limitations. I think he won over $200K.
  • Options

<< <i>Moss has talent no doubt, but if everything isn't going well then he will break down a la TO. Moss has benifited by the great
    players around him, namely Welker and Brady. I think going 15-0 will shut up any player!

JS >>

I don't think he's as bad as T. O. Right now he's on any player's dream team. Football is a true team sport starting with the offensive line. If the OL doesn't do their job well, the best QB and receivers are worthless.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, everyone deserves a 3rd chance. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never really liked him or disliked him. It was a matter of do I respect the guy for having the attitude he had at times? Heck no, but playing the way he has this year and really stepping up to be a team player like he has, I love the guy now!
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>Moss has talent no doubt, but if everything isn't going well then he will break down a la TO. Moss has benifited by the great

JS >>

NICE BS again from you JS, let's revisit some of your great dialogue with me earlier in the year in your official smack talk thread.

<< <i>Lets review the Patsies "loaded" WR corps: >>

<< <i>Moss....Not since the Bucs championship season was this guy good. >>

<< <i>Stalworth...There is a reason that NO and Philly got rid of him. He had what, one good season for the Saints? >>

<< <i>Welker....This guy was the #3 guy in Miami..nuff said >>

that was in September, and the next day after my reply, here's some more insight from you:

<< <i>Moss and Stallworth are over the hill
    Welker is a one hit wonder

then what?

You know that Galloway will put up better numbers than any of those guys.
    David Boston is a beast
    Ill take Stovall over any of those SEC wastes.

JS

<< <i>

nice contradictions there, Welker went from a punk that Miami dumped off to the Patriots, now he is a great player. Oh yeah, I will still take Stallworth over your "stud" Stovall like you said in that thread too, check the stats as you said would clearly show Stovall was better. Ummm, wrong again, seems like a recurring pattern for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Oh snap!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    "he catch da ball"
  • Options

<< <i>
    I don't think he's as bad as T. O. Right now he's on any player's dream team. Football is a true team sport starting with the offensive line. If the OL doesn't do their job well, the best QB and receivers are worthless. >>

As bad as TO? What does that mean exactly? While TO has had issues in locker rooms (just like Moss), unlike Moss, TO has never had any off the field, legal incidents to speak of.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

JS >>

NICE BS again from you JS, let's revisit some of your great dialogue with me earlier in the year in your official smack talk thread.

<< <i>Lets review the Patsies "loaded" WR corps: >>

<< <i>Moss....Not since the Bucs championship season was this guy good. >>

<< <i>Stalworth...There is a reason that NO and Philly got rid of him. He had what, one good season for the Saints? >>

<< <i>Welker....This guy was the #3 guy in Miami..nuff said >>

that was in September, and the next day after my reply, here's some more insight from you:

<< <i>Moss and Stallworth are over the hill
    Welker is a one hit wonder

then what?

You know that Galloway will put up better numbers than any of those guys.
    David Boston is a beast
    Ill take Stovall over any of those SEC wastes.

JS

<< <i>

nice contradictions there, Welker went from a punk that Miami dumped off to the Patriots, now he is a great player. Oh yeah, I will still take Stallworth over your "stud" Stovall like you said in that thread too, check the stats as you said would clearly show Stovall was better. Ummm, wrong again, seems like a recurring pattern for you. >>

I saw this yesterday, but because of the Holiday and Kevie's Poignant Xmas eve post I thought I would give him a reprieve for the day! Bottom Line Drew, you have said it best! I agree 100%, and thank you for digging up this preseason crap!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I thought this was going to be an intelligent thread........ My bad>>>>>
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have zero respect for him. He not only quit on his team last year in Oakland but he went into full shutdown mode. He basically whined his way onto the team of his choice. He's definitely talented but I wouldn't vote for him for the HOF if I had a say in it.