Home Sports Talk

Scott Skiles Fired

THANK GOD!!! Larry Brown where are you?????

Comments

• JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    As a Bull fan and a long time season ticket holder I'am relieved. I think we all knew this was coming. Very dissapointing year, Skiles gets the ax. No replacement announced yet.
    I do feel bad for Skiles, but this without doubt is the right move. Skiles is not a player type coach. He is hard nosed and that can back fire in the pro's. No replacement named yet, but I find it not possible that Paxson did not have someone in mind before he fired Skiles. Edit to add: Sounds like the intern coach will be the assistant coach Jim Boylan. Besides the awful season so far, alot of rumours were that many Bulls players were not getting along with Skiles. Ben wallace, Tryus Thomas to name a few. Lack of playing with passion from the players,Paxson blames Skiles and of coarse players. Skiles is known for not exactly having any sort of personal relationship with players.
  • I believe this was a move that had to be made in order to bring Jason Kidd to the bulls.
    I agree. With all being said that Kidd did not want to come mainly because of Skiles. I like Gordon, and Hinrich, but neither are point guards. Hinrich is having a bad year and Gordon has been ok. A deal needs to done with one of those players. They still need a inside post scorer which I hope will be addressed in the near future. Aaron Gray is improving, but do not think he is the answer. Joakim and Gray will be good bench and role players I believe in the future. They need a point guard and a center badly.
  • I agree. It seems everytime I watch a Bulls game...there is Gordon driving the lane and either losing the ball or getting it stolen. Hinrich can't seem to hit open shots this year to save his life. I personally think that Ben Wallace might be the worst free agent signing in Chicago sports history and he needs to be traded as well. Kidd would be a good start, however he is another hard player to satisfy as well. What happens when the new coach wants him to do something when he doesn't want to?? I just wish they would have made the Bryant trade..at least things would be a lot more interesting instead of the same dull offense every night.
    Paxson has not done very well in in acquisitions to say the least. Jay Williams,Curry,Chandler,Sefolosha,Wallace,Tyrus Thomas,Joakim Noah, signing Hinrich to a multi million dollar contract,all comes to mind. Few of those players their roles has yet been determined, but so far not very impressive.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

They were really hoping to go 10-15 with Skiles.............