Home Sports Talk
Options

Review of so called Fantasy Football studs..

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
My top ten were sure off...

1-LT arguably worthy of a #1 overall picks stats
2-LJ Injuries and a horrible team around him made him a bust
3-Alexander Injuries a major factor in him being a bust pick
4-Addai decent #'s not as "great" as I thought
5-Gore slow start but has turned it up the past month or so
6-Westbrook as expected great #'s
7-Rudi Johnson Injuries and poor play by his team hurt him
8-Maroney not anywhere close to #'s I thought he would have had
9-Willie Parker 2 tds?
10-Reggie Bush not what the Saints thought either/ McGahee not the best RB in the league like he said he was!

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It's funny, when i bought the fantasy football guide at the beginning of the season one of the articles was....
    the year of the WR?? Suggesting that it would be a year in which QB's and WR's should be special
    consideration early in drafts.....I thought...what a joke....they were right. RB's did NOTHING this year.
    Parker led the league in rushing, but 2 TD's is a joke. Gore sucked the whole year except for a few
    weeks and they late when you had already lost ground in your leagues. I picked up Jennings early and
    then dropped him..which cost me in my one league. Next year it is going to be very hard to go RB RB
    in the first two rounds.

JS
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well WR's in a lot of ways didnt fare that much better...

Harrison-Injuries, maybe coaches decision to "Rest" him
    Chad Johnson-???????????????????????
    Steve Smith-Delhomme going down murdered him!
    Holt- suprise here
    Fitzgerald- not even close to stud #'s
    Boldin-injuries and very inconsistent
    Javon Walker- injuries

People got hurt drafting Harrison, C J, Steve Smith and Holt when they did- bottom line!

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    yeah but if you compare TD's to TD's you will find many more scored by wide outs. I mean compare Whiten to Barber..I bet they
    are close.

JS
  • Options
    Your knock on Willie Parker is his lack of TDs? He was the league's leading rusher, it's not his fault he doesn't get the goal line carries, and did anyone draft parker in the first round? For a second round pick, he worked out wonderfully.

Addai has over 1000 yards and 11 TDs, what were you expecting from a guy in that pass-first offense? He's had a great year.

McGahee has 1200 yards and 7 TDs, 4th in the league in rushing yards.

• Options
    My beginning of the year top ranked players were-
    LT-deserving
    Steven Jackson-played good second half
    Frank Gore-played good last quarter
    Joseph Addai-played good first half
    Larry Johnson-sucked except for about a 3 game stretch.

I was the fourth pick and got Gore. Picked steve smith/reggie wayne the next two rounds. Ended up trading both of those for LT and Jennings before the wheels totally fell off of SS.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Your knock on Willie Parker is his lack of TDs? He was the league's leading rusher, it's not his fault he doesn't get the goal line carries, and did anyone draft parker in the first round? For a second round pick, he worked out wonderfully.

Addai has over 1000 yards and 11 TDs, what were you expecting from a guy in that pass-first offense? He's had a great year.

McGahee has 1200 yards and 7 TDs, 4th in the league in rushing yards.

It's apparent somebody doesn't know how to evaluate talent very well. >>

Parker was a first rounder in most leagues, and Addai was a top 5 pick in many, Mcgahee on the other hand, had nice value for his ADP.

imagey
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    My first two picks were Gore and Maroney. Needless to say, I did not win my fantasy league this year.

By the time Gore turned his season around I was out of the playoff hunt. In fact, I didn't even bother starting him after a while. I ended up going with Ryan Grant and Brandon Jacobs when he wasn't hurt.

Who is going to be the top picks next year? Will we all chase Brady's numbers or stick with someone like LT?
  • Options
    In my ESPN league, Parker is ranked 12th, not bad for his top 10 pick placement.

Addai is sitting at 4th, right in line with his 4-5 draft ranking.

Not sure how either of these guys are 'sure off'?

• Options

<< <i>In my ESPN league, Parker is ranked 12th, not bad for his top 10 pick placement.

Addai is sitting at 4th, right in line with his 4-5 draft ranking.

Not sure how either of these guys are 'sure off'? >>

4th for RBs or overall? The discussion is overall i thought.

not counting tonight, addai is 13th overall in my league, not horrible, but his inconsistency makes that a little less stellar.
    Parker is 35th overall, lack of touchdowns obviously was the culprit to that ranking.

Addai was not a horrible pick, but I want consistent scoring from my first round pick, not a hot and cold type of guy, which is why Chad Johsnon is overrated each season as well. He gets 3-4 huge games a year, but the rest of his season is not worth the high draft pick, imo.

imagey
  • Options
    Am talking 4th running back, as that was the first 5 players drafted in every league I saw and participated in.

My mistake, I was only looking at RBs, as that was the first 5 players drafted in my league. As far as consistent scoring, WRs typically are tough to pick for that, as their touches can vary so wildly. I had the #10 pick in my 10-team league this year, traded my first round pick to the guy with the #1 pick for his second and third, as the RB crop at 10 and beyond is so thin now that its tough to justify it.