Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

It's a No Brainer... Maybe !

A thought struck me when I was entering detail about my Registry inventory. We enter details about cost, date of purchase and source supposively for our own records.

I know that those details are not public. That's not my question.

What I wonder is whether or not PCGS uses our cost detail in determining their values in the price guide.

Does anyone know?

Brillo

Comments

• Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. My cost data in many cases goes back to the 1980's and 1990's. The PCGS price guide is a RETAIL guide. It is interested in the values that coins trade from dealers to customers. Steveimage
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so either since PCGS states that the guide is based upon the prices for PCGS GRADED coins only. Many of my coins for which I state a cost reflect their raw purchase amounts.

<< <i>WHAT DO PCGS PRICES MEAN?

The prices listed in this price guide are for PCGS graded coins only. Coins graded by other grading services, or not certified by any grading service, may sell for different, often lower, prices. The prices are compiled from various sources including dealer ads in trade papers, dealer fixed price lists, significant auctions, and activity at major coin shows. Prices for the most actively traded coins are updated daily. Other issues are updated as needed. All prices are reviewed at least once a month. If you have any questions regarding the PCGS Price Guide please feel free to contact Jaime Hernandez at jhernandez@collectors.com. >>

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    The first two replies make sense and I should have thought it through.

Thanks for the imput. Anyone else could add what they want, but, like I said "It's a no brainer" and I must have had mine in second gear, beep... beep.

Brillo
  • Options
    Nice gator.
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I doubt it. One of my coins is listed in the price guide at $9500, and my cost basis is $85. image

Russ, NCNE