Home Sports Talk
Options

Yucs gonna lose to the lowly, 4-win 49ers?

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yup.....

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    The same 49ers team that beat the Seahawks last year you mean?

• Options
    That lost to the Seahawks twice this year....yes....those 49ers.

They beat the Yucs tomorrow!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    I'm sure, since you are so confident, you have a large wager to back up your bold prediction...would be a big payday!

Otherwise, its just words on a messageboard that means absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't expect more from a fan of a team that's best showing in the superbowl was runner up.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure, since you are so confident, you have a large wager to back up your bold prediction...would be a big payday!

Otherwise, its just words on a messageboard that means absolutely nothing. >>

Maybe some members here are right, inferring that you could be a welcher - sounds like you're trying to incite monetary sports betting with members and that's against CU rules. Perhaps you're trying to incite this member to privately PM you a large monetary sports bet? You can correct me if I'm wrong.

And BTW - it doesn't take someone to prove he's a man by making a sports bet with a bookie - betting on an even money proposition and laying 10% juice isn't being a man, it's being foolish...handing over your hard-earned money to guys like Calvin Ayre from Bodog.

-
  • Options
    No, I am not trying to get this guy to offer a bet, as that's strictly against the rules...what I am saying is that someone obviously feels strongly that the Bucs are going to lose, that he should take that feeling and go put money on the game somewhere, as it would result in a nice payday for the guy.

As far as being a 'welcher' goes, ask anyone here who I've made a sigline bet with and they will tell you I've always honored it, unlike that clown stalin.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the Bucs losing to the Niners today. Is Garcia starting ? If so, he will have one of his better games this year.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No, I am not trying to get this guy to offer a bet, as that's strictly against the rules...what I am saying is that someone obviously feels strongly that the Bucs are going to lose, that he should take that feeling and go put money on the game somewhere, as it would result in a nice payday for the guy.

As far as being a 'welcher' goes, ask anyone here who I've made a sigline bet with and they will tell you I've always honored it, unlike that clown stalin. >>

I'm not accusing you of anything but I do know this...getting people riled up whether it's in a sports bar, on the golf course or online in an internet forum, is an old trick to anger them to get them to bet money, to try to hustle them. A bit harder to hustle people in person by scamming them as the hustler risks getting his brains beat in by the person hustled. Jim Croce wrote a song about that, and Jim obviously understood the world of pool hustling.

But the internet offers the easiest scam in the world...through cyberspace...whereby the person hustled can PayPal money to the hustler, but the hustler when losing a bet simply ignores paying the hustled person. And the hustler risks no bodily harm.

Internet hustlers may even payoff on some smaller bets to gain confidence in the forum, and then at the right time, in the right situation, come in for the kill by upping the stakes and drawing in a bunch of new suckers - if he wins the bet he gets paid, if he losses the bet he's gone from the forum never to be seen again...ar least not with that ID...he'll of course definitely be back with a new ID and a new personna because a prime target for hustlers is someone whom he has hustled before.

The "solution" is simple - never and I do mean NEVER bet money with anyone on the internet, no matter what...then you don't have to worry about being scammed.

-
  • Options

<< <i> unlike that clown stalin. >>

I'll bet Stalin would have tickets to today's game if he lived in the area.

Why are you not on the way to San Fran, Rude Boy.

Mr. "I Am A Bucs Fan From Way Back."

Bet you could get tickets for less than face value.

• Options
    I'm sure, since you are so confident, you have a large wager to back up your bold prediction...would be a big payday!

Settle down, Beavis! You sound like just another sorry S.F. fan.

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave, you're psychic!

God, those Yucs are pitiful. Wonder where JS is hanging?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see the Bucs losing to the Niners today. Is Garcia starting ? If so, he will have one of his better games this year. >>

woops...lol

• Options
    Wow, did the Bucs sit everyone?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Come on Yuc fans, lets start listing the excuses ....

Dave
  • Options
    Ah all is well the BAM the 49ers win I heart joestalin is backed for another run. Wonder where is I heart axtell is at after the BAM bucs defense got shreaded by shaun cassidy or somebody?.........
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Bucs second team almost beat the Niners starters..WOW

JS
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Bucs second team almost beat the Niners starters..WOW

JS >>

Yet BAM the 49ers 3rd string still won.....SPIN SPIN SPIN are you dizzy yet I heart axtell?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup.....

Dave >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Bucs second team almost beat the Niners starters..WOW

JS >>

Yet BAM the 49ers 3rd string still won.....SPIN SPIN SPIN are you dizzy yet I heart axtell? >>

imageimage
  • Options
    and the refs were horrid. I think the Bucs second team could go deep in the playoffs!!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>and the refs were horrid. I think the Bucs second team could go deep in the playoffs!!

JS >>

Bam the same excuses never get old Bam are you dizzy yet I heart axtell?
  • Options

<< <i>and the refs were horrid. I think the Bucs second team could go deep in the playoffs!!

JS >>

Considering you play in the worst division, it shouldn't be that hard to make the playoffs.

Edited:

For crying out loud, you're the only team over .500

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

Edited to add:

Oh no, the Americans are coming to save us!! Please, allow us to continue supplying terrorists with RPGs!
  • Options
    Stown +2 w the last two posts!
    JS/Kevin/Welcher -2

imageimage
  • Options
    Aww, Tinkerbell came out from under the bed but didn't have anything to say.

That's a 1st.
  • Options
    Bucs had nothing to gain from winning today, that's why Garcia only played the first half. Unlike the lowly Texans, who will be sitting home for the playoffs AGAIN, the Bucs have the postseason to worry about. Garcia looked sharp and the Bucs have a home playoff game more important than a meaningless regular season game.

Now, for a texans fan, that may seem impossible to comprehend, the very notion of the playoffs, especially after they just got PASTED by the Colts who had nothing to play for....Colts roll up 38 consecutive points, mario had TWO tackles, and the texans will fail to have a winning season AGAIN.

Meanwhile, the Bucs will be hosting a playoff game.

• Options
    These escuses are great. Keep 'em coming boys!

So far:
    1) didn't need the game
    2) refs were bad (my favorite).
    3) garcia didn't play in 2nd half.

Any more?

How about 4) Yucs play like girls?

Losing to the 49ers? Guys, that's just horrid....

Dave

• Options
    Who's making excuses? They are reasons.

What about the Seahawks losing to the woeful Panthers 2 weeks ago? What about losing to the winless Saints in week 5?

Give me a break...every team has bad losses.
  • Options
    Notice the Seahawks trashed the Ravens today in a meaningless game? Good teams do that.

Bad teams lose to teams like the 49ers.

Sorry, but the Yucs are one-and-done in the playoffs.

Dave
  • Options
    I notice you ignore the question at hand...why did the Seahawks lose to a terrible Panthers game last week? Why did the Seahawks lose to winless NO in week 5?

• Options
    SEA did lose to NO and CAR.

But notice I didn't say it was the refs fault? Or because Alexander was injured?

I'll let Yuk fans make all the excuses for their team (excuse me, "reasons")......I just told you they would lose today. And they did. Come to grips with it.

Again, one and out, folks.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>SEA did lose to NO and CAR.

But notice I didn't say it was the refs fault? Or because Alexander was injured? >>

No, you didn't say anything, because you weren't here...which conveniently you seem to show up when the seahawks win, and talk trash when the Bucs lose. Convenient for you not to have to hear any criticism, isn't it? And I didn't say either of those things...I know joey did (and he always uses these things as explanations).

<< <i>I'll let Yuk fans make all the excuses for their team (excuse me, "reasons")......I just told you they would lose today. And they did. Come to grips with it. >>

It was a pretty safe call to say they'd lose, especially after it was known that Garcia wouldn't play the entire game, especially with the playoffs coming up and Gruden wanting his QB 100% for the playoffs, not a meaningless regular season game.

<< <i>Again, one and out, folks.

Dave >>

I am sure you're gonna make a killing on that bet if you are so sure it's going to come true.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Bucs disappointed me. Now it looks like the Patriots drop to 8th in the draft image
  • Options
    The Yuks are all about excuses. But excuses (I mean, "reasons") won't help them come playoff time.

One and done, and it will be lovely!

Dave
  • Options

Big ups to 3rd-string QB Shaun Hill!!!

• Options
    So the Bucs are somehow going to be more prone to a first round playoff for losing to the 49ers, while the Seahawks get dominated by a terrible Panthers team and they are going to be ok?

I'd be more worried about your team, Dave, than worrying about how the Bucs will play. Do you ever post anything about the Seahawks, or do you post more about the bucs (must be that superbowl envy...after all, both teams came into the league at the same time).
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the Bucs disappointed me. Now it looks like the Patriots drop to 8th in the draft image >>

Thanks, Sucs. image
  • Options
    The Yucs lost to a 4 win team with a 3rd string QB? Nice....this team is on a roll.

One and out....too bad the Hawks could not get TB in Round 1. Seattle could treat it as a practice game! image

Dave
  • Options
    no but we could meet in round 3...but you all will never get there. The ringless steak continues for you all.

JS
  • Options
    The Hawks handled whe Yuks with ease this year. Just flat throttled them. Garcia spent way too much time on his back to throw effectively!

No, I don't think the Yuks want the Hawks anytime soon!

Dave
  • Options
    please, you all scored what 3 points the second half...both Garcia and Caddy were hurt. I can assure you this is VASTLY different
    team than you saw back in Sept. Reality sucks. Just make sure you all win a few and then we will talk some real smack!

JS
  • Options
    QBs tend to get hurt when they face Seattle's D. Too physical. Old retread QBs like Garcia can't survive the blitzes and dogs. Too much pressure.

Vastly improved? A team that will likely lose 3 or their last 4 (against bad teams)? And the lone win was against ATL? Put down the crack pipe!

By the way, Seattle scored 10 in the second half against the Yuks. Yes, reality does suck!

Stop living in the past!

Dave

• Options
    Dave-

Can you please enlighten all of us as to why you spend all of your posts talking about a team that's won a super bowl (i.e. the Bucs), and no time talking about your own? Hell, your team just lost 2 weeks ago to a Panthers team the Bucs destroyed, then feel the need to talk?

Why don't you post about why the Seahawks? Are you THAT jealous of the Bucs' super bowl win? I think so!
  • Options
    The Seahawks are rolling, we all know that. Not much to say...the season started with a dominating effort vs the Yuks, and continues today. The Hawks are on a roll!

The sad Yuks on the other hand can't seem to beat the 49-ers! Just pointed that out to you before it happened. Come to grips with it...accept it.

Give up on the Yuks, and start supporting a real team that is solid on both sides of the ball --- The Hawks!

Dave