Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2007 Mint Set?

LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went looking for one since I have now acquired most of the coins. A few are still in the Chritmass rush of mail. And guess what we don't have one.

I for one will log in that we do not need (or in my case want) position A & B coins when they make it. The mint did not send me any sets with both positions in them. And the set should be the Satin Finish coins only as that was what I got, and I am pretty sure every one else got the same thing.

PS. Dimeman yes it is another post about moderns!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I for one will log in that we do not need (or in my case want) position A & B coins when they make it. The mint did not send me any sets with both positions in them. And the set should be the Satin Finish coins only as that was what I got, and I am pretty sure every one else got the same thing. >>

There are others of us whom don't share this option. Especially when it comes to Registry Mint sets. I for one would petition (and have) PCGS to do a complete 36 coin A & B position Mint Set for 2007. We all paid big money to have the coins graded, so they should be included in a COMPLETE Mint Set, as they were issued in 2007 mint sets from the mint.

Just my .02's
  • Options
    Though I am new here I have to agree that there needs to be A & B.
    My project: Complete proof Lincoln Memorial set. To accomplish this task I am sending in complete proof sets for grading.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Agree that they should be included in a Complete set for Prez. Dollars, along with the 100 other varieties.
    Only 1 (any one) for the 'Mint' sets that include Prez. dollars, since only 1 type comes in a Mint set.

JMO
  • Options
    I mean one of each for the Philadelphia or Blue card, and one of each from Denver or the red card. In other words to me the mint set should be the same as what was recieved in the mint packaging.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I mean one of each for the Philadelphia or Blue card, and one of each from Denver or the red card. In other words to me the mint set should be the same as what was recieved in the mint packaging.
    image >>

Not to argue........But, They did come from the mint sets in both positions. Example.....Say I bought, aw, say 350 mint sets to search (of course I would never buy 350, more like 500) in that 350 sets I have discovered both A & B position Pres. Dollars, odd but hey, NGC isn't doing the positions why should PCGS. So I send them to PCGS unknowing they are going to be A & B position labeled. I'm thinking hey, These all look good and I'm sending them. (1 of each coin and mintmark) totaling 8 coins, trying for 9's. I get them back (all 69's : p ) and I have 6 in position A and 2 in position B. So now I have to search the lot again for good looking examples of B position to made a complete set. (16 coins P/D, A/B x 4 Pres.) What I am getting at is, PCGS has made a ton of money off the A/B & A/B FDI Pres Coins so in return we (Mint Set Collectors, as I am) should have a set to put "all the coins graded coming directly from mintsets" in to a set that is complete including the A/B positions. A 36 coin - 2007 Mintset.

(As a side bar note: This will be the: "Largest-Single-Year-Coinage and Satin-Finish" Mint Set to date. (until 2009 if they remove edge lettering as congress has suggested)

Another thing that I think is unfair, and should be done, is to create a set of "Satin Finish w/o varities, but with the A/B position" PRES SET. It to is only fair to the people that collect the pres dollars, but not the varities, that few can afford. (Presidential Dollars Basic Set, Satin Finish with A & B Position(2007-2016). If they end the edge lettering this will be a one year only run with only mint sets as the source for these satin finish coins.

Just my .02's

Merry Christmas Everybody.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree that the Presidential Dollar Satin Collectors should have a A/B set without the added Varieties.
    And I should know about varieties. YIKES!

There are so many and we all well know that more are coming.
    So, who cares...just add another presidential set.

• Options
    Sorry guys to me it is suposed to be reprsentative of what a Mint set you got from the mint is. And the mint stated early on that the edge lettering could be either way, in other word it doesn't matter to the mint. And I was around here and actully have a set of PCGS Washington dollars that do not have the A/B stuff on the label.
    But my set will be so far down the list it doesn't really matter if I leave a few holes open to make you happy. But it seems like there might only be a handfull of people making the set if we ever get one.