Home Sports Talk
Options

Would Andy Pettitte Testify Against Roger Clemens?

It will be interesting to see what happens with Clemens now that Pettitte has admitted to using HGH. He just threw his pal Roger Clemens under the bus.

I wouldn't be surprised if 60-70% of the players were on roids or HGH at some point. I believe that somewhere down the line some players will start snitching on other players. Also, I think more congressional subpoenas are coming (like when McGwire and Rafael Palmeiro testified pre-Mitchell report) and Pettitte might have to testify against Clemens.Congress always likes to get in the act. Would the 5th Amendment protect Pettitte from testifying against his buddy Roger Clemens now that Andy has admitted to HGH use?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet Pettite knows if Roger did it or not. Notice he has kept quiet on the topic. He is not saying anything about it. That could be a red flag. He can clear Rogers name easily if he were indeed clean as he claims.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    I am no lawyer so my question is can a person take the 5th Amendment to protect someone else like Roger Clemens? In other words since supposedly Andy is an honest guy if he had conversations with Roger about steroids could he be forced to disclose those conversations or would the 5th Amendment protect him?

I think I just answered my own question:

Fifth Amendment
    n.
    An amendment to the Constitution of the United States, ratified in 1791, that deals with the rights of accused criminals by providing for due process of law, forbidding double jeopardy, and stating that no person may be forced to testify as a witness against himself or herself.

I would think based upon the above if he was going to incrimnate himself that he took steroids that it would apply but because it's about someone else.....

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    ?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be willing to bet that Andy and Roger have had lengthy conversations about this very topic...
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I would be willing to bet that Andy and Roger have had lengthy conversations about this very topic... >>

Conversation probably went something like this:

Roger: "Thanks a lot, you really put he in an bad situation"

Andy: "Sorry, I just told the truth about my myself thats all"

• Options
    Pettitte is going to tell the truth as it relates to him. I'm pretty convinced about that. When they ask Andy about Roger he's simply going to say that he's here to talk about himself and has no comment on any other ball player. What are they going to do, cuff him? The public isn't going to get on Andy for for not ratting out Roger. We already know the deal.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    pressure is mounting against Clemens. I think Congress is hoping that Clemens will simply breakdown now. On the other hand, no one can ever prove if Clemens took steroids or not. Its all just one person's word against another. No tests were taken and Macnamee admitted that Roger supplied him with the drugs to inject into him...therefore, Macnamee could never be sure what he injected.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    << It will be interesting to see what happens with Clemens now that Pettitte has admitted to using HGH. He just threw his pal Roger Clemens under the bus>>

Well, I was right on about this one.