Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

grade this 1912 Matte Proof Lincoln

i know some of you know what this grades, but forget the holder, i wanna hear honest grading opinions... the mark on the lips are on holder. and theres no gunk in the mottos.

thanks in advance for posting and viewing... adam

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I am one of those people who already know the grade. I don't want to spoil it, so I'll just say that I think it is accurately graded.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    How about PR65 RB - - -

Just a guess -

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I know the grade too, brother. Let me say this. Because of the surface, it looks like an early strike. It looks great!
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 65 R&B

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Brandons pics but it is impossible to grade from them.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    thanks everyone.

i am still wet behind the ears abit, and will be asking the same thing with my other mattes. ill post the grade tommorow for everyone.

i didnt know how to post the pic first, now i do so the next coin, you guys wont know the real grade....

adam
  • Options
    well fellas,

its a 64 brown. in person i think it rivals what i have seen in a pcgs holder in a 65 r/b. i speak for ones i have seen in person only.

i hope it upgrades. i think at the other grading. co. its got a shot at a 66br.

thanks for the posts and i will let everyone know when i resub it. if i do.

adam
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    depending on luster viewed in hand, it is a 64 or 65 .. but brown and not red brown.
    Doug
  • Options
    hey doug,

i thought the rb might be pushing it, i think the luster is nice. some of the 65s ive seen couldnt hold a candle to this coin. in hand its pretty nice.

one thing you have to remember i have only held maybe 60 or so of the mattes. i have only owned 2 so so far. i have a third and fouth on the way though. i will have some more pics ups soon.
    thanks for viewing.

adam