Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Anyone interested in doing manager sets?

So far, PSA doesn't allow registry sets of managers' cards. Is anyone here interested in doing registry sets of any managers? They might change their minds if there wree a number of collectors interested.
I've been picking up the occasional card of star managers (Lasorda, Torre, LaRussa, Alston, F. Robinson, S. Anderson, Weaver, etc.) along the way and would probably work more seriously on several of those sets if they were registry-eligible.

Nick
Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

Comments

• Nick, I collect Tommy Lasorda cards as a player. But, I wouldn't mind PSA allowing both player and manager cards being a 'master' set for the guys. That would be kind of cool.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Nick, there is a HOF Manager set on the registry. Are you looking for a bigger manager set to add?
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Derek - I'm referring to sets organized along the lines of Player Sets, but for individual managers. For example, Walter Alston's set would have his individual cards ('56-'72 Topps, though not in every year), the cards featuring him and his coaches ('73-'74 Topps), the team cards featuring him with name and picture ('75-'76 Topps), regional sets containing cards of him ('60-'62 Bell Brand), team issued postcards of him (slabbable as tall boys), and whatever other cards of him exist from his managerial career.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.