Home PSA Set Registry Forum

the official 50 bowman fb thread-we needed one:)

psa 8 joe perry, bammeedd this one rtonight, now my 6 is going off to joe to get autographed tomorrow morn!!!!i needed a good perry bad,now for some more stars to get,all of mine are 6s mostly,ive been mainly concentrating on high 8s commons that are hard to get, still got some 7s to move to 8,work in progress,i love em,anybody else???
randy

Comments

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I love this set, as well. I currently reside in the 34th spot on the Registry with an all PSA 8 collection so far. I'm a little over 20% complete on this awesome set.
  • Good idea, Randy -- it's a great set!

Doug
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Is anyone interested in a BVG 7.5 Tom Fears rc?

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Awesome job Randy. I still have the five or so other PSA 8's ready when you are.

Merry Christmas,
    Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i have fears in a 8 so it dont do me any help greg,maybe it will somebody!
    Randy

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to get a Fears PSA 8 for awhile now. I had the chance to buy one at about $175-$180 before the HOF Rookie Card registry took off. (This couldn't have been more than a year ago now). No such luck now!

Edited to add: Wow, I knew they were going high, but the last (5) Fears PSA 8s have averaged around $350 a pop!
    i paid 550+ for ther perry last night, had to be done thoguh, i heard buy me, bid lolimage

traded for dick and sam in 8's tonight,and got a hirsch 8 coming,starting to bam on some of the high $ star cards,now its time to slap some weight on this babyimage
  • Joe Perry looks like he's been hitting the bottle.
  • That Sam Tamburo looks like Steve Young, Maybe it's the number 8
    the sam looks like it might be a 9 too, have to check it out when i get it,mighty fine centering and great white shiney colors
    just got a 39 and 139 joe t. both psa 8- joe t. is about as hard to find as jim white in high grade
  • Ain't registered with PSA but I have them all

http://www.geocities.com/~bandb/bobcards.htm

My Sports Cards/Magazines

Cards/Mags
  • Tough redskin card Joe T
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Uncbob,

"Borders have been whitened and card edges sharpened for internet presentation" ...sounds like SOP for some Auction Houses.

Mike

• << <i>Ain't registered with PSA but I have them all

http://www.geocities.com/~bandb/bobcards.htm >>

UncBON: to be registered with PSA they need to be slabbed....but i guess you knew that.....

where did you learn that whitening/sharpening/centering trick from? why not show them as is?
    <Ain't registered with PSA but I have them all>
    they are pretty cool looking that way, as big as a reg sized card ,borders are alot thinnner though, i like it, like to see the real condition though instread of raw

so do i , that why theres a # 7 on the bottom of my sigline

3 more i popped today, there are 200+ new ones on from 10cent day, a pile of 7s and lower, i picked 3 out of 200 or so i needed,better than nothing!!!
    doug-djspann- your 7's are on if u read this and alot of em, one guy is buy it now,other is auction

that is a beauty skins fan- joe t is almost as bad to get as jim white-2 least graded cards in the set for some reason, i got a joe t in a 8,and 2 autographed ones,my white is only a 5 lol- but i got one anyways,somebody sold one last week on ebay raw for $4.50 lol-prob psa 5-6 3-4 hundred $ card,they never pop up hardly,last 8 i saw went for 900$,
    your joe t would go good with all the people on the registry!!! i thought id have a tougher time finding a joe t 8,but lucked into one for 200$ in a 9 , now thats a diff story! being as how there are only 7 10's in 13,000+ graded cards, 9s go nuts,and 10s you might as well steal your neighbors house and sell on black market to get one, a elroy hirsch psa 10 went for 10,000+ on mastro about 2 weeks ago,man it was sweet!
  • Randy love the 50 bowmans might try and do the set someday right now i have all the hof rookies and my skins team set current #1
    couple tough redskins cards in the set #31 Thomas comes to mind as 1
    yeah,my thomas is a 7,i dont know where i am on skin tam set, im on there somewhere,i need a baugh 8,actually need a 50 bowman baugh autograhed bad!!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>Ain't registered with PSA but I have them all

http://www.geocities.com/~bandb/bobcards.htm >>

UncBON: to be registered with PSA they need to be slabbed....but i guess you knew that.....

where did you learn that whitening/sharpening/centering trick from? why not show them as is? >>

Yeah I guess I could have but I created the site before I joined the card forums and it was a lot of effort so I am not going to redo them

I do have pics of them raw in groups for the HOFers

Cards/Mags
  • The other HOFers

Cards/Mags

• << <i>The other HOFers

image >>

Cards/Mags
  • thanks unc, they are much more enjoyable in their virgin form....