Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1916 Matte Proof Lincoln cents for sale>

1916 PCGS PR65RB sharp and colorful. $8,000

1916 PCGS PR66BN magnificent, absolutely stunning!! $12,000 PCGS POP 2/0

David Lange writes in his Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents that "The new obverse master hub introduced this year greatly enhanced the already rich detailing of Lincoln's hair and beard, making proofs of this date perhaps the "most desirable from a technical and aesthetic standpoint."

The 1909 VDB is the KING of MPL cents but there is a "Prince" out there that you might want to own!

images below:
$8,000
$12,000
Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    wow,

sharp coins there brian. very nice, all of them id be proud to own...
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Nice 16s Brian

Although I'm quiet in these MPLs posts, I read them all, and have learned alot of info from the experts on these precious beauties. I'm just glad I acquired my MPLs before the recent explosion, although my set was assembled budget oriented, I'm still proud to own it. Minus of course, the VDB.

Mike

PS....Let me check my lottery ticket and Brian might have a new client.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys for the compliments on my mini hoard of 1916 MPL cents.

I hope to add a 1916 in PCGS PR66RB soon, possibly real soonimage
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Wow - great looking coins!

I just checked out your website and you have some amazing matte proofs !

Very impressive!

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    incredible there brian,
    you know that last one really....just....it's like a photo box or something...truly amazing that such a small die can produce these
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    2 of the 4 are on "HOLD"
  • Options
  • Options
    image congrats!