Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anybody doing vintage basketball?

Seems there aren't that many putting basketball sets together (1957-1986). I'm looking to build some mid-high grade sets, so if anybody has extras they're looking to get rid of, let me know. Thanks.

Lee

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭
    Most 76's are really cheap on ebay right now. 8's are going for $5 and under, 9's are around $10, for all but the low pops. 144 cards in the set and you could get about 70% of it in 9's very quickly for under $1000. Even the stars are affordable in PSA 9. It would be a good place to start.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody doing vintage basketball >>

Hey Lee,

I am working on a 1971 topps set... about 77% complete.... At this time I dont have any dubs.... But will keep you in mind....
  • Options
    Lee

My 1981 Basketball set #2 alltime is for sale on ebay
    There's only 3 sets completed in 1981

or

My 2nd 1981 set you can view both on the registry
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the 76 basketball. What submission is it to send them in. Is it tall boy or oversized. They are expensive to submit aren't they? Does the Thompson rookie sell for anything decent in an 8 or 9? Thanks for the info. I'm actually starting a 69-70 set. I'm going to pick and chose the cards here and there to avoid impulse buying.
    Thanks,
    Mickey71
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mickey, the 76's are tall boys. I think the submission price is the same as regular size cards, but cannot be mixed with regular size cards, they must be on a seperate submission form. The Thompson is around $150-$200 for a 9, $50 and under in an 8, although I haven't priced an 8 in awhile.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    George McGinnis looks a little like Corky from Mask??