Home Stamps Forum
Options

How do you store your sheets?... Any Intercept Shield fans here?

planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
I'm not talking about my linen closet -- it's filled with hobby stuff anyway -- I mean, what do you do with mint sheets and other pieces that are too big for pages fitting in an 8.5x11 binder? I would have a lot more interest in sheets if I could store them properly.

I don't like the idea of paper envelopes, unless there are real archival types out there. It would be great to have stiff, PVC-free pages and an oversize, stackable binder or case to fit them in. What works for you guys?

BTW, Intercept Shield sells a fairly large envelope that isn't quite wide enough to fit a sheet. Its interior is lined with a copper substance that sacrificially absorbes sulfur and other compounds from the environment. I've tucked a few magazines in one (comic books are a target market for IS), but like I said, they can't accommodate full-size sheets.

Comments

• Options
    Several companies make mint sheet files which can hold mint sheets separated by glassine paper. These mint sheet files are like softcover booklets that hold 20 or so sheets. G&K also makes loose-leaf albums with pages to hold mint sheets. I have also seen mylar holders which are classified as document holders but may be large enough for mint sheets. Subway Stamp carries the mint sheet files and G&K albums. Denly's of Boston carries the mylar-D holders and I believe there is a member over in the Currency forum that sells other mylar holders.
  • Options
    I store my mint sheets in manila filing folders by denomination - I just hope I live long enough to be able to use them on mail. (insert smiley face here)
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Wow, these are quick responses -- I thought I'd have to wait a day or two!

Thanks doug! Subway Stamp, particularly with this album looks to be a great option. The store is even a reasonable trek from my home.

image , Richard.
  • Options

In a mint sheet folder with glassine pages. I am thinking about buying a mint sheet album but haven't had the extra cash for it lately. Just recently discovered a water leak in the basement(not sure where the source is) and some mold growing. May have to move all the stamps upstairs to my spare room/study. And spend money to repair the damage. No spare money for me for the next few months I guess.
  • Options

<< <i>In a mint sheet folder with glassine pages. I am thinking about buying a mint sheet album but haven't had the extra cash for it lately. Just recently discovered a water leak in the basement(not sure where the source is) and some mold growing. May have to move all the stamps upstairs to my spare room/study. And spend money to repair the damage. No spare money for me for the next few months I guess. >>

Thanks for your responses. As a band-aid measure for your basement, consider getting a dehumidifier and an ozone generator (to kill mold -- but be careful about breathing high concentrations, and I wouldn't want to expose stamps to ozone). Put the stamps in a sealed plastic container and throw in renewable silica gel packet(s).