Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

my matte pics...

heres one of the 1 mattes i have recently purchased. i think its nice, what do you guys think?

the 1909 photos dont do the coin justice but judge for yourselves...

Comments

• easiest way is to go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. Upload your photos there. They give you a link that you simply paste in your message here and then post the message. Use the link that has the things that say "IMG" before and after the URL the links will show under your pictures when they are in your album in photobucket.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • thanks, ill do that. i got 1 pic up so far but ill try it that way.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    I recognize that coin from the last Heritage sale. I look forward to seeing your others.

Edited to add: Nice coin, BTW.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • im still having some trouble but with some more time playing around with it ill figure it out. thanks for all the help.
    yea i got it from heritage. i got my 1912 from them also. they call to me more than my gem 09svdb, i know price wise theres a huge diff. but the mattes are my thing now.

i keep getting the window that says the photos need to be less than 50 something or other. ill get it though...
    If you upload them to a host site like photobucket.com, you can get around the limit.

-Paul
    If you want to email me them, I'll host them for a while and post them for you. collectors.korner@yahoo.com

-Paul
  • awsome thanks. i got photobucket but am having trouble. thanks ill email a few...
    I recognize this one as well. A nice one from Anaconda.

-Paul
  • wow looks better here than in my files. thanks i really appreciate the help.yup from anaconda. its really nice. my first as well. maybe a 65 in the near future? any thoughts

thanks paul

i love the grainy look on these things so much.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    gawd i love the 09 in an ol holder too...sweet
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Very nice 1912... I strongly considered buying that coin for my own collection, but didn't after I was made a good deal on another 1912.
    -Gabe
  • thanks teddy and gabe.
    the 1909 is really nice and i think undergraded. the 1912 was my first matte and i reall am happy about buying it. only 7 to go now...
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    hehehe...only 7 to go???
    are you sure those matte proof buff's aren't going to be herded up too???
    i know i'd love to throw one in with my abe's
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Good job ahooka454. You are well on your way. You can always up grade if you want to. Remember brother, a journey of a thousnad miles begins with a single step.

Besides, you're a Buckeye fan, so how can you go wrong. O...H..
    Every man is a self made man.
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 1912 looks very sweet.image What grade did PCGS give it? Looks at least 66 RB to me.
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>Good job ahooka454. You are well on your way. You can always up grade if you want to. Remember brother, a journey of a thousnad miles begins with a single step.

Besides, you're a Buckeye fan, so how can you go wrong. O...H.. >>

I....O! LSU sucks image

O nice MPLs too...
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• thanks everyone. these are 2 of my first 3 coins i have bought on the secondary market. everything till now has been pocket change and books. by the posts here i think i have made a few good buys so far. my first was a 1909svdb pcgs ms 65 rd ex-norweb cent. then came the 1912 matte followed by the 1909 matte. the 1912 was only graded a 64 br. i dont know why, in person its even nicer than photos. the 1909 i think should be atleast a 64 rb. well see what pcgs thinks. i know i like them though.
    thanks for looking at them everyone, very cool to be able to hear what other collectors think.

brother curly, O..H..I..O!!!!! all the way.....

as soon as i get my hands and scope on another mattey ill let ya know and get some pics up.

thanks again all...