Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Book Project?

I got this email message today:

Dear Sir:

We are working on a coffee style book to come out next Spring. It will be geared toward the new collector and will include what we feel are the top collectibles. We’d like to ask for your assistance and of course give you credit in the book. We would like to feature your 1984 Topps USFL #52 Steve Young card. We would of course reimburse you for shipping it to us and also pay for return shipping.

Since our deadline is fast approaching, we’ve also sent this request to a few other set registry participants and will feature the card from the one that responds the soonest.

Please let me know if this would be alright and we can make arrangements for delivery.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Annabelle Caberte
Executive Assistant to the President
annabelle@collectors.com

PSA
P.O. Box 6180
Newport Beach , CA 92658
800/325-1121
Fax 949/417-8062
e-mail: info@psacard.com
http://www.collectors.com

Did anyone else recicieve a similar message? Even if it is legit, I have no interest in participating, but I am suspicious. The card they reference is a PSA 9, and there are plenty of PSA 10s out there if they were really producing such a book.
John Vineyard

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    A simple phone call would get you an answer......if you were so inclined.

There are no PSA 10 listed to any set registrants. So, they have no way of knowing who owns a PSA 10.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    It's legit. I did it about a month ago.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I concur with Griffins. I have a card on the way, mailed to their business street address in Santa Ana.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll follow up with them and I will likely participate.

I just saw a similar thread on the Sport Card Forum.
    John Vineyard

• Options
    Thank you. I received the same e-mail asking for my '86 Topps PSA 9 Jerry Rice.
    WJF

Buying Mike Schmidt basic PSA 10's, rookie QBs