Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Finest modern proofs collection at FUN 2008

This just in.... A fantastic collection of modern proof coins, the Erasmus Hall Collection, will be displayed by its owner and PCGS at the upcoming Florida United Numismatists convention, January 11 - 13, 2008. Here's a link to the info:

Click here for illustrated PCGS news release

-donn-
"If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Larry - a super classic and modern coin collector and a true gentleman of the hobby!!

Neat to see PCGS selecting his monster Modern Proof Coin Collection to showcase at FUN. Many of the coins in that collection are extremely difficult to locate and PCGS made a fine selection (assuming they have enough showcases to house the collection)!!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    What a super accomplishment. LSB wrestled many of the Roosevelts away in auctions. I can't imagine the effort in putting together the whole series. I'm jealous.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Larry. You are truly one of the good guys in the hobby.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Larry...

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    wow larry,

very nice set. i am lost for words, for once. very nice sets overall aswell.
  • Options
    I met Larry a few years ago and was very impressed. He is very down to earth and has a quiet confidence that draws people to him. His collection is fantastic, and is a reflection of his efforts and his character.

Congrats Larry
  • Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
    Wow,

I feel truly blessed and fortunate on many levels. First, I was overwhelmed when I was asked by PCGS to be the subject of an article in their November issue of the RareCoin magazine. I was especially surprised since modern coins do not generally receive the attention anywhere that of the classic coins.

Then, I received the second jolt when PCGS asked me to display a set which is the result of the support and of the efforts by many of you. Thus, I truly believe that I must share my success with all of you.

Finally and just as important are your gracious comments on this forum. While I do not generally say much on this or any other forum, I want you all to know that I do benefit from many of the insigthful (and often humorous) comments. So, it was especially surprising to see your words of appreciation of the set. I look forward to many more years of mutually rewarding collaboration.

A wish you and your families happy holidays and good health, prosperity, and happiness in the upcoming New Year.

Lawrence Brown
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Brown,

You are a true Gentleman!

Have a great time with your set at FUN, I only wish I could be there to see it.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Downtown Larry Brown !!!!

A True Gentleman

I remember when you were shopping for a 1927 S Lincoln cent at the New York ANA.

Congratulations !!!

See you in Orlando

Stewart Blay
  • Options
    Wow! A REAL class act. image

Funny how the majority of his upgrade possibilities are Lincolns though. image

• Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. A true collector like Dr. Brown is very refreshing for our hobby.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Dr Brown...that is a terrific looking set. image I'm looking forward to seeing it.