Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Cracked Case Problem?

I bought a graded card from this particular person. Card came in the mail in a few days but unfortunately when I opened the package the case was cracked through the middle. Card came in a bubble mailer and labeled fragile but still. There's a huge crease in the middle of the bubble mailer. I emailed the seller to ask for a refund and he responded with something along the lines of a "fair offer for both of us" I'm not sure but shouldn't I be expected to get a full refund since I didnt get what I wanted? I'm just curious because this situation has never happened to me before.

Comments

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Did you purchase insurance or was it an option?, I would ask for a refund......................
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    If there is insurance on it, file a claim...
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    insurance? seems like the post office did the damage.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Seems like the safest way to ship now is the priority boxs with bubble wrap around the cards. I think you right about the handling of it. If it was marked fragile then it should have been "handled" as such...............
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    i wrap my cards in two firm pieces of cardboard, then bubblewrap, then bubble mailer.. no problems thus far.
  • Options
    So he marked it as "Fragile", but did he mark it as "Do Not Bend"? USPS may have a case here. image

PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    no insurance...it was a trade/cash involved. yes the bubble mailer was marked as fragile but the mailer was definitely bent in half as seen in the picture. Not sure what else to say. Hopefully I will get a full refund!
  • Options
    IMO, there is no excuse not to wrap a baseball card between two pieces of rigid cardboard -- slabbed or not.
  • Options
    some duh-head at the p.o. probably dropped a 65lb parcel on it. i would not blame seller. those cases are tough to crack and a padded envelope should be all you need. two pieces of card board shouldn't make a difference. if the package is assaulted enough to crack a slab, card board would be useless anyway. kinda like the Jerry Seinfeld joke about wearing a helmet when skydiving.....if the chute fails do you think the helmet will save you? no....the helmet is now wearing YOU for protection.....
  • Options

<< <i>some duh-head at the p.o. probably dropped a 65lb parcel on it. i would not blame seller. those cases are tough to crack and a padded envelope should be all you need. two pieces of card board shouldn't make a difference. if the package is assaulted enough to crack a slab, card board would be useless anyway. kinda like the Jerry Seinfeld joke about wearing a helmet when skydiving.....if the chute fails do you think the helmet will save you? no....the helmet is now wearing YOU for protection..... >>

haha -- good point -- I agree on the skydiving reference!!
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I certainly don't see this as OT
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete