Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Not Sports but a good trivia question...but something to burn the late night oil

Fill in the Blank. I am looking up some information on a great hero of this country. Just for fun, take your guess..............

On October 8, 1918, __________ of the 328th Infantry fought a desperate battle with a German machine gun detachment and brought into camp 132 prisoners.
1964 Topps Football

Comments

• Options
    U.S. Corporal Alvin C. York
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    You cheated
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Maybe... image

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

• Options
    My money is on Randy!
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Nice just trying to keep things going this evening. He was quite something..............
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    I thought Randy may get this one also..............
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options

• Options
    It ain't cheatin if its research, right?
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    With Google, it makes it really tough to offer up a tricky trivia question on an internet message board.

• Options
    Is there anything you can't find on google.......?
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options

<< <i>Is there anything you can't find on google.......? >>

i heard you couldn't find something about a couple of girls and a cup, oh how i was wrong.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Yep, I just typed that in to check ya on it.............
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    Who is the only cadet to go through 4 years & graduate from West Point without getting a single demerit?
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options

<< <i>Is there anything you can't find on google.......? >>

Love...hugs...warm blankets....lol...
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I read about that story in a mini-five volume children's encyclopedia (the third volume, which covered world and US history). Fasincating story! He was most definetly being all he could be that day! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>Who is the only cadet to go through 4 years & graduate from West Point without getting a single demerit? >>

Omar Bradley
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭

i was busy doing ttms, i missed it,no actually i was helping al gore save a whale image
    york was awsome, 1st he didnt want to go to war because it was againt his morals,then he comes back with the medal of honor for becoming rambo!!,york was bad news, no i dont have his auto,yet...lol good movie too,i saw it a long time ago-gary cooper???i remeber it ws black and white and he came from place lie i did, middle of woods in hog holler,tn
  • Options
    You're right, but I got the question wrong. Robert E. Lee was the first.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    "i heard you couldn't find something about a couple of girls and a cup, oh how i was wrong.

indeed, that made the rounds. I got it and forwarded it to about 20 people. these are folks with strong stomachs, horror buffs, medical professionals etc. they were pretty nauseated.

2 girls, one cup. just awful.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You cheated >>

Geez. Gomers, they made a friggin movie......Sergeant York.

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"i heard you couldn't find something about a couple of girls and a cup, oh how i was wrong.

indeed, that made the rounds. I got it and forwarded it to about 20 people. these are folks with strong stomachs, horror buffs, medical professionals etc. they were pretty nauseated.

2 girls, one cup. just awful. >>

someone tried showing me that at work the other day. I'll never look at chocolate ice cream the same way again
  • Options

<< <i>"i heard you couldn't find something about a couple of girls and a cup, oh how i was wrong.

2 girls, one cup. just awful. >>

Oh dear God, why did I google that??? I saw about five seconds of it--I am now scarred for life.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)