Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Any of you ever been blocked as a bidder by an ebay seller?

I bid on about 15 cards from a seller. As they wound down, I wanted to bump up some bids. I got a message saying I've now been blocked by the seller. I have close to 300 positve feedback with no neutrals or negatives. These aren't even high dollar cards. What if one of my original bids stands up?

Sad thing is, I would have bumped up almost every lot I had bid on, and paid immediately had I won. Oh well.
#10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.

Comments

• thats odd, did you do something to piss him off lol.
  • I don't think I have ever dealt with him before. Outside of a few buyers that haven't paid me, I've never really had a problem on ebay.
  • auction is rigged. they don't want you to win for whatever reason, not your fault.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    That's odd.

He must have thought you were up to no good.

Just out of curiosity, send him an email and ask why he blocked you. I'm seriously curious...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • I did send him one, but don't have a response yet. Most of these cards are only $20-$50 cards. Although he does have a few that went for $300+.
  • Does he have any special bidding rules - i.e. no bidders with less than 10 feedback, no bidders with recent negative feedback, etc that might apply to you?
  • He doesn't list any restrictions at all. He's in MN, I'm in MI, so it's not shipping. I have 282 positves with no negs or even neutrals. Maybe it was an accident or a glitch.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Topps Vault--from 4 years ago and still don't know why. I won two Rod Carew auctions from them without any problems.
  • Did you knock off all of his BIN's?
  • For lack of having a blocked sellers list, I have often considered TRYING to get sellers to ban me. Honestly, my problem isn't so much bidding on seller's items I did not mean to do business with, there are just some sellers I wish I did not have to see in my search results for a myriad of reasons... keyword spamming, listing in the wrong category, outrages shipping, etc...

Snorto~

• << <i>For lack of having a blocked sellers list, I have often considered TRYING to get sellers to ban me. Honestly, my problem isn't so much bidding on seller's items I did not mean to do business with, there are just some sellers I wish I did not have to see in my search results for a myriad of reasons... keyword spamming, listing in the wrong category, outrages shipping, etc...

Snorto~ >>

It would be cool if we could have a block sellers list for bidders to use. It would be helpful.

• << <i>Did you knock off all of his BIN's? >>

No, he had no BINs that I saw. Still no responce from him either.