Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

With popularity in "MONSTER" toned coins right now, what will these coins look like in 100

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
Will they still have their wild colors (both AT and NT), or will this wild toning eventually turn to black?

Comments

• Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    There will simply be new monsters available.

The monsters of today may simply become UGLY. It will depend on their new homes, and the conditions they are stored in.

They may be even more breath taking.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue for me is insuring proper care of this while in my possession, in the belief that my heirs will find a way to enjoy it as much as I have, and follow my example. Realistically, whatever happens to it after my time is beyond my control, so why worry?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If removed from the source of toning, a naturally toned coin should be at least as stable as a white coin. However, an artificially toned coin might still get darker if the reagent used to turn the coin is not removed.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it totally depends upon how the coin is cared for and stored.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file