Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Stupid and ridiculously hard to win contest

well, i have spent the last week and a half writing a thesis (1.5 years of data collection...). i promised myself back in my younger years that i would write a book by the time that i was 35. since the thesis turned out fairly large and it will be bound, printed and placed in a library i am calling it a success. even a "few" years early. i won't tell how few image

i used this forum as my attachment to sanity by checking it during my breaks from writing. as such, i feel an insane contest is of order.

SO, enough about my crap... ON TO THE CONTEST.

I have 4 cards in front of me, two football and two baseball. The closest to guess what they are by tomorrow evening wins them along with a random PSA9 Ozzie Smith card (will i ever get rid of these PSA9 ozzies????) as well as whatever i crap i don't want that i can stuff into a bubble mailer.

HINTS:
1) One card is actually a CD, heck if i know what is on the CD but the player sure is crappy
2) One card is autographed and is from the 1999 Collector's Edge Triumph set (Signed Sealed Delivered)
3) The other two cards are seriously worth NOTHING, except maybe a brief spew of heat if burned. They are mid to late 80's one is black the other is brown. this initials of the players are G.P. and S.K.

If no proper guess is received, the contest will be judged on how much the responses make me laugh (i have what would be called a sick sense of humor). I need a good laugh... I just wrote a purely scientific book image

I probably won't be checking this thread often tonight as I have some "beverages" to catch up on.

P.S. Rube, I will reply to your PM sometime soon, sorry i've been busy. I might have some pictures of Nam to send your way, my other half brought some home form thanksgiving of her dad, a navy man.
White Whales:
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter

Comments

• Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
  • Options
    I give up... image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Shaun King powerdeck, james johnson auto, Giant Peter and Swing King

Thanks for the contest. I will be checking my mailbox for a copy of your thesis.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sibby Sisti
    Sam Horn

George Gulyanics
    Jeff Saturday

?????????????????????????imageimage
  • Options
    uh....... words......
  • Options
    mmmm, Guinness. image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    CD: '99 Upper Deck PowerDeck Akili Smith
    auto card: D'Wayne Bates
    worthless cards: '87 Donruss Geno Petralli and '87 Topps Sammy Khalifa. Coincidentally, both players were worthless too.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    NickM has one of the four correct.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    I'll go with Tim Couch Power Deck

Cecil Collins auto

85 Greg Pryor and...

87 Sammy Khalifa who coincidentally feels a little bit better now since his name has now been mentioned twice in the same night for the first time in 20 years
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    onlyanumber has TWO correct
    White Whales:
  • Options
    On a side note, did anyone let Guru out of the corner yet?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    contest going well but someone needs to post some funny crap.
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>contest going well but someone needs to post some funny crap. >>

Done.

First pic that came up in google images when you search for "funny crap". LOL.
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>contest going well but someone needs to post some funny crap. >>

Done.

First pic that came up in google images search. LOL. >>

I didn't know Jay Leno had a thing for green smurfs

• Options
    And I'll change my guess for power deck crappy QB from Tim Couch to Cade McCown and autograph of Cecil Collins to...some cardinal player

• Options
    in my best sesame street The Count voice...

onlyanumber has three, three, correct ahahah

more funny stuff please. image this contest will apparently be over soon and jay leno grabbing a smurf isn't exactly making me laugh. although combined with the BJ thread it's working for me in other ways.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    SK is Stephen King
  • Options
    Since I can do multiple guesses
    CD: '99 UD PowerDeck Cade McNown
    auto card: Mike Cloud
    '85 Donruss Greg Pryor
    '87 Topps Sammy Khalifa

Did you know Sammy Khalifa was the 7th pick overall in the 1982 MLB draft?

That year's 1st round class was abysmal. 1st pick Shawon Dunston was the 3rd biggest star from the whole first round. [Dwight Gooden and Todd Worrell were 1st and 2nd.] Beyond Dunston we rapidly got into Spike Owen and Ron Karkovice (hitting .071 as Fisk's backup when Fisk wore # 72) territory for quality of major league careers.

Barry Bonds was drafted in the second round that year. Of course, he didn't sign with the team that drafted him then . . . for another decade.

You will never get those 15 seconds of your life that you just spent reading those paragraphs back.

Pay it forward by passing that useless trivia on to other people. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Todd Worrell was awesome. Go Cards!!! image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    1) One card is actually a CD, heck if i know what is on the CD but the player sure is crappy

Deion Sanders - His CD was the crappiest of the crappy (Remember "Must be the Money"?)

2) One card is autographed and is from the 1999 Collector's Edge Triumph set (Signed Sealed Delivered)

Heywood Jefferies (only random person I could think of)

3) The other two cards are seriously worth NOTHING, except maybe a brief spew of heat if burned. They are mid to late 80's one is black the other is brown. this initials of the players are G.P. and S.K.

Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp

I win.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    according to Sammy Khalifa's 1987 Topps card, his various hobbies include aerobics, racquetball, swimming and biking.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    autograph I'll go with Andy Katzenmoyer

• Options
    Since I won, please send my Ozzie PSA 9 card to a STL collector.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

i wish someone would have done that to me when i had to watch those charlie brown specials that were on the tv this week... ack
    White Whales:
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Evidently this contest was not ridiculously hard if stown won.

• Options

<< <i>Evidently this contest was not ridiculously hard if stown won. >>

this would be true if stown had actually won.

i always give too many hints anyway... 3 down still one to go.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    okay, auto of Craig Yeast

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Evidently this contest was not ridiculously hard if stown won. >>

this would be true if stown had actually won.

i always give too many hints anyway... 3 down still one to go. >>

RIGGED!
  • Options
    "i wish someone would have done that to me when i had to watch those charlie brown specials that were on the tv this week... ack"

gasp! that is sacrilegious....the sad little christmas tree, linus quoting scripture....aww. that's the closest thing to religion i get!
  • Options

<< <i>"i wish someone would have done that to me when i had to watch those charlie brown specials that were on the tv this week... ack"

gasp! that is sacrilegious....the sad little christmas tree, linus quoting scripture....aww. that's the closest thing to religion i get! >>

i watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and part of He's a Bully Charlie Brown. the christmas one would have been a welcome diversion.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    auto mark lempke
  • Options

• Options
    McNown CD
    '85D Pryor and '87T Khalifa
    Patrick Kerney auto

Of course McNown was going to be crappy. The guy was using a handicapped placard all through college. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    McNown CD
    michael vick auto
    jeff george
  • Options
    Karsten Bailey auto

• Options
    according to Greg Pryor's 1985 donruss card his career highlight was that he was the Royal's No. 1 utility IF...Fills in mostly at 3B...Was Whitesox' No. 1 SS in '79, batting career high .275...Played collegiate baseball at Florida Southern

He was also traded to the royals for pitcher Jeff Schattinger
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Demond Parker auto

• Options
    apparently there are a lot of crappy autos in that set
    White Whales:
  • Options
    McNown CD
    Chris McAlister auto
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Champ Bailey

• Options

<< <i>Champ Bailey >>

no! that one is in my permanent collection. Champ is amazing, wish he wasn't hurt this year...
    White Whales:
  • Options
    isurrender lol- i gotta print out some 59t opps fb teams set list for my autograph addiction, cant find no 50 bowmans i need tonight,gotta do something ,anybody got any lol
  • Options
    Jevon Kearse.

And Your right about Champ--great player

• Options
    McNown CD
    Martin Gramatica auto

It was a pretty crappy draft - only 3 guys from the 3rd round or later became stars (Joey Porter, Marty Booker, and Donald Driver). Lousy 2nd round. Pretty much the entire second half of the first round (almost everyone after #16 Kearse) flopped or was mediocre at best. 3 busts at QB in the first 11 picks, and Culpepper's career isn't exactly going great either. Ricky Williams and David Boston went from superstars to mug shots.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    David Boston had promise, you ever take a look at that dude's biceps?... Bonds couldn't even beat that guy at arm wrestling. Doesn't help a whole lot at his position though
    White Whales:
  • Options
    McNown CD
    Cuncho Brown auto
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Rob Conrad auto.

Sad in that draft--Miami took three RBs James Johnson, Rob Konrad and Cecil Collins. None lasted more than a few years. Collins ended up in jail...

• Options
    contest extended due to me being out of the house last night...

last chance bump.
    White Whales:
  • Options