Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA info please...

Okay, I know that you guess swear by PSA and not BGS. This year I've gotten a lot of grading certificates for BGS so that's who I used. But, I was curious what PSA charges for grading and the time it takes. I usually get my BGS back in 4 weeks. So, I'm just curious about the benefits of using PSA vs. BGS and cost. As I go through my collection and get rid of things I'm putting aside cards I want to get graded. Any info would help. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what service you use. BGS you can choose 2,5,10,20,45 day service. PSA works kind of the same way. You can look at a submission form at PSA home page.
  • Options
    LeaffanLeaffan Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Gordie
  • Options
    Ya, what Leaffan said
    Collector of anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys * PSA cards from 60-07 *
  • Options
    Leafman's comment isn't coming up on here.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
  • Options
    Collector of anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys * PSA cards from 60-07 *
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What they say.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Guru, I usually wait for a special where I get what i want graded for 5.00. I have waited from 3 weeks, to 10 weeks in getting back my orders. If you want them back sooner you have to pay various service levels. The value of the card comes into play as well, almost like a chinese menuu at times. I have a non sports set that i obtained just after the last non sport special so i am awaiting for that. If I wanted them sooner gra ding would be almost 600.00 instead of 250.00 during a special. (For the amount of cards i need to send in)

It depends on what you want graded and it's value too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Yaaaaaaay! Guru is back.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    << >>

He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!