Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Really strange - 2 Ted Williams PSA 8 OC on Ebay and HUGE price difference

One of these two auctions is mine. Here are some details.

- Both are PSA 8 OC
- Mine is a better OC (please disagree if you feel)
- I have free shipping, the other is $15
- Mine is at $32 the other is over $200
- I call-out the OC in the title, the other doesnt....

See if this link works, if not go to ebay and type in "ted williams psa"

Ted Williams PSA Search

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there will only be 1 winner on both cards. Im not sure if yours ends AFTER the other one or not but people might be waiting to gauge their bids off of what the other on sells for? Best of luck!
  • Options
    I know there are certain members on these boards who feel that it is wrong for sellers to omit the qualifier from a title. I am not here to re-hash that arguement. However, the numbers speak for themselves. Each of your auctions are 10 day auctions, started only a day apart. His has 248 views and yours only has 125 - about half the views. His is currently at $202.50 and yours is only at $31.27. It is real simple - his auction is at a higher price because it has more views. It has more views because he left the qualifier out of the title.

There are many people who see a qualifier in the title and never look at the auction. Think of your auctions as a retail store for a minute. Listing the qualifier in the title is shutting those people out of your "store" who would normally shop. If a customer stays out of the store, they're never going to buy - real simple.

On the other hand, the other guy has many shoppers because he omitted the qualifier from the title and hasn't shut his store to any buyers. Think of it this way - How many times does a customer tell himself that he is going to the store just to look and has no intentions of buying anything, but acutally walks out of the store having bought something? Many! The same thing applies to your auctions. I guarantee that some of his bidders are people that normally tell themselves that they would never look at an auction with a qualifier, but since they did, they liked it and went ahead and bid.

Your auction

His auction

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's because your PSA flip is also off-centered. OK, just kidding.

Be patient, I'm sure it will work out in the end.

-Tom
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    antagonistic, nevermind
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    couple of things...

looks like his auction has a couple of aggressive bids. All it takes is one bidder to place a high bid and someone else to trigger it. That still may happen with your card since you have no way of knowing what the snipes are.

your card has an older flip. Instinctively, right or wrong, I almost always avoid the old flips.

I agree your card looks better. In the end, your card may sell for more $$.

I don't think having the oc in the auction impacted you at all. In fact, you have more bidders. That's what counts, not the number of views. Trust me, many of the people who viewed your competitor's card were po'd once they found out the card was oc and they were sucked in by the deceptive headline.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    don't fret it all will come clean in the end.

you can also know that you have integrity instead of some slimeball that drags people in for a misrepresented card.

he may have a lot more lookers. but the vast majority are not happy and have moved on.

the guy has a feedback rating that is sad as well. when they list the book value as it if were not a qualified card that is just another example of the character of the seller.

good luck with the sale.
  • Options
    I will first admit, I did not read ALL the replies to your post, however,

by not putting the qualifier in the listing, (IMHO), I consider it the
    same thing as SPAM.

You wouldn't be honest with people, and I for one distrust sellers who
    DO NOT put the qualifier in their header.

Look at it this way....If every single auction had a qualifier and you had
    a limited amount of time to look through them, would it not just make
    you made you went through AAAAAAAAAAAAAAll of those auctions
    if they did NOT put the qualifier in them?

I applaud you for putting it in your description as I get tired of people
    not listing a card correctly and wasting MY time.

Just MY 3cents worth

Tony

• Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for those that chimed in. The auction ends in 1 hour and even if it doesn't go up from here I will be happy.

David
  • Options
    David....

Looks like your honest approach paid off. He may have had more visitors but you had the better card and it sold for more $$$. Nice job. Tell it like it is in the headline. It's a great policy.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    well done sir. image