Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Getting high blood pressure from waiting for grades to pop

I really haven't seen to many posts of people's cards that popped. My last sub was the largest sub i have ever sent in all at once on one submission form.
294 cards Was logged in Oct. 18
I know people have been waiting much longer and even myself have waited almost 3 months but this was the 6.00 dollar bulk special.
Thing is most of these cards are only from 2 different years !! Plus they are all hockey.
I sent in 166 cards from 1970 Topps hockey and i think it was 123 cards from 1967 Topps hockey and the rest were from various years.
So whoever posted that if you send in cards close to the same year your grades seem to get done faster. Well not the case.
At least i believe they should be done before Christmas. If i calculated it correctly my 45 day guaranteed time ends Dec. 21
Well once i see that the grades posted i'm sure my blood pressure will go even higher in anticipation to see if 1800.00 dollars was worth spending or did i just lose 1800.00 dollars in grading fees. Been a crapshoot from what little posts i've seen of grades posted.
All of these were very high grade. I will be disappointed with anything less then 3 percent in PSA 10, 60 percent 9's, 30 percent 8's and the rest 7's or the good old i missed something card.
With this being my biggest sub ever the wait is killing me !!!
Anybody else get this excited waiting for grades ??
Steve
Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭
    Given the grades that you have pulled in the past, I'm would assume that they will be worth the wait. Now get off your butt and find multiples of #13, 92, 124, 143 from the 1976 Topps hoop set, in PSA 9 or 10.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting since 10/11.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    waiting for a $13/5day sub to pop TODAY. Its one card, but its my first sub. I have checking every 15 minutes. It sucks.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Waiting since 9/28/07 for a 45 day guarantied vintage bulk order. I thought the 45 days were up today, but I may have missed a holiday.
  • Options
    Got a few 1976 Topps basketball to send in !! But not enough yet. LOL Wish i could get a few 9's or 10's for those numbers. Alot of people need them including myself. Well except # 92. I got that one in PSA 9 on the last sub i sent in for tallboys.
    Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, waiting on a vintage bulk sub, guaranteed 45 days, posted on 9/25. It is now 47 business days and counting......
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    waiting on collectors club special logged 11/20
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    waiting 10/5
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I got you all beat.

Date Received: 09/11/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: No Date Specified
    Date Shipped: No Date Specified

First and last complaint here.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    My philosophy is just like when I order a magazine subscription

I just forget about my submission &

one day the cards magically arrive
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    No use gettin all worked up, "if you submit, they WILL pop", but who am i to say, I only have a 6 freebie sub in, and waiting to send another for one more card.