Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

i like cards

these are cool they got em in all sports,even soccer if u think its a sport-i dontimage

and lakes,and beans/and goats,and cakes

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Soccer is for ----- that run around in short shorts and have no -----.

Not that there is anything wrong with that

• Options
    I'll sign that for you for free Rube. My only signing ever. 1 of 1. Send it into PSA and make LOTS O $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dave D.
  • Options
    Soccer is unerrated, especially in the US. Tough to watch and even tougher to play. I'd love to see Bond's attempt this shot;
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Soccer is unerrated, especially in the US. Tough to watch and even tougher to play. I'd love to see Bond's attempt this shot;
    image >>

Id like to see anyone other than a Soccer player attempt that shot. Honestly wouldnt you get more power kicking it normal instead of doing the acrobat thing image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Soccer is unerrated, especially in the US. Tough to watch and even tougher to play. >>

This may be hard to believe by most, but soccer players are world class athletes.

They constantly jog, run, or sprint about 6 miles in 90 minutes. Factor in the juking, wrestling for position, dives, headbuts, and that's a serious workout.

I may not follow the sport but do admire the players.

Oh and go 1836s!

I mean, go Dynamo!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    he is running/ball was traveling in one direction and he kicking it in the reverse direction
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think for second that Soccer players are not althletes, but IMO the most demanding physical sport is wrestling. ( Not WWF either )
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont think for second that Soccer players are not althletes, but IMO the most demanding physical sport is wrestling. ( Not WWF either ) >>

Paul...I have to agree with you again. As a former wrestler and wrestling coach there is no doubt it my mind that it is by far the most demanding sport out there...both mentally and physically. All sports have their individual mental and physical demands..but none more than wrestling.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    My back and wrists would claim that fooseball is the most demanding sport . . . a couple hours of tense hunching over a fooseball table wreaks havoc on the spine and the feeling is only slightly alleviated by the consumption of copious amounts of beer.

• Options
    Fool's ball is the devil!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I like big butts I can not lie......
  • Options
    You otha brotha's can't deny...

• Options
    i like my anaconda
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i waanna dip my balls in itimage
  • Options
    Wrestling huh... that may well be up there as far as brute strength goes... not that there isn't strategy involved.

I think there a few kinds of "tough" when it comes to sports. Football (American) is sure up there... hard hitting, bad injuries happening all the time, and some of them actually have to be in good shape. For endurance, soccer has to be up there... along with cycling. Personally, I think pro beach volleyball players (AVP) are among the top athletes in the world, especially for non-contact sports. You can't really get a great idea of their abilities on TV, but if you ever see them live I think you'll know what I am getting at. They guys (and girls) can jump amazingly high and move amazingly fast... all on really deep sand! If you've ever tried even doing a light jog on a beach, you can probably gain an appreciation for what they are able to accomplish on a sand volleyball court! I was astounded at how fast they can move on that deep stuff... heck, I was sore from just walking around in it and I'm in pretty decent shape. Karch Kiraly (retired this year at 46) was well known as one of the best conditioned athletes in the world (any sport). Probably only a few athletes ever (Jerry Rice comes to mind) have matched his insane training regimine. Probably why the guy dominated the sport at 40+, when most of his peers had retired around the age of 30image!
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    i like the ufc where they just beat each other to a bloody pulp, wrestling however isa sport because they have to practice that crazy stuff,because if it dont go right, you die,i can remember when ricky the dragon steamboat broke his neck,that wasnt asupposed to happen,think he got piledrived and hit the matt with head,theres always room inbetween guys knewws and the matt,or everybodys necvk would be broke,they are very well paid actors,in a stupid soad opera thats had the same story siince 1984 or so, i see nothing new really,jim cornette did out his tennis reacker down and got a little cubbier,the ring is not the squarded circle any more either lol

i dont even think soccer is remotely interesting,but that is impressive,what happened with big man beckham in la whatever they are, he just aint wowed the world yet that i can see
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Soccer is unerrated, especially in the US. Tough to watch and even tougher to play. >>

This may be hard to believe by most, but soccer players are world class athletes.

They constantly jog, run, or sprint about 6 miles in 90 minutes. Factor in the juking, wrestling for position, dives, headbuts, and that's a serious workout.

I may not follow the sport but do admire the players.

Oh and go 1836s!

I mean, go Dynamo! >>

i used to be a soccer hater, probably because it was the cool thing... i have since changed. although i don't watch or follow the sport those guys are SERIOUS athletes. i wish the US would adopt the sport more.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    i also wish the US would play more formula one racing on the tv. oh crap, i'm not turning european am i?!?!?!?!?
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Rube,

Where can you buy those cards??? How much are they? Thanks,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I hope someone will be interested in some 1981 Fleer Sets.....

I have been grading several for months.....

I'm pretty tuff, though.....I throw out all cards that are in "any way" tainted.....Ink bleeds or anything else. (Hubby smiled and said that I was a "GOOD" grader)

I am "Mrs. 81 Fleer".

I kept all of the "mistakes" from their first run.

Part of the "Set" as far as I know.....

Then, I saw on this board that there are actually people that like to collect the cards that are "rejects".....

Please tell me it ain't SO.....
  • Options

<< <i>I hope someone will be interested in some 1981 Fleer Sets.....

I'm pretty tuff, though.....I throw out all cards that are in "any way" tainted.....Ink bleeds or anything else. (Hubby smiled and said that I was a "GOOD" grader)

I am "Mrs. 81 Fleer".

Part of the "Set" as far as I know..... >>

do you know what quotation marks even mean? That is horrible use of them almost every time you did use them. "ugly".

imagey
  • Options
    I went to UFC "69" and sat on "the" floor.

Good times " image "
  • Options

<< <i>

I am "Mrs. 81 Fleer".

do you know what quotation marks even mean? That is horrible use of them almost every time you did use them. "ugly". >>

Do you realize that I could care less? Do you also realize that you are an idiot and you don't realize it yet?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am "Mrs. 81 Fleer".

do you know what quotation marks even mean? That is horrible use of them almost every time you did use them. "ugly". >>

Do you realize that I could care less? Do you also realize that you are an idiot and you don't realize it yet? >>

ouch, burnt me there, tomcat!

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Do you also realize that you are an idiot and you don't realize it yet? >>

That's sig line material.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you realize that I could care less? >>

and by the way, you do realize that that means you care, right?

imagey
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    can't "everyone" just "get along?"
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    don't mess with a big good woman image
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Wow ! Ms. 81 Fleer !
    Does this mean we will be seeing you naked in Playboy soon ??

• Options

"can't "everyone" just "get along?"
    i havnt heard that since the 2nd south central la riots image
    rodney king was on the news today for something,

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    PM sent.

Sorry, I'm lying. Way too busy to send a PM.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    let's see some 81 Fleer.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06