Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WEEI in Boston reporting that Evel Knievel has passed

Time to watch the run up on the current Sport Kings, including the autos.

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    just saw tha r.i.p. crazy man,you were something else
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    All the crashes, broken bones etc. never got him. In the end it is being reported as liver cancer that took him.
    <Time to watch the run up on the current Sport Kings, including the autos>

and the toys are stuff,evel was on enerything in the 70s!!!!!!!
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Thats too bad. There was no one like Knieval. RIP
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Imagining Evel Knievel dying slowing on a deathbed is just not right. A man like that deserved to go out with a bang. Maybe that's wrong to say, but I think Evel might have agreed.

• << <i>All the crashes, broken bones etc. never got him. In the end it is being reported as liver cancer that took him. >>

Cancer is a b*t*ch. Broken bones don't kill you.

Rip Evil.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My knuckles were permanently skinned for about a year after they came out with those crank up Evel Kneivel motorcycle/action figure things. Damn rug burns! That little thing could fly. Salut Evel!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • one of the craziest mofo's ever.
    RIP.

• << <i>My knuckles were permanently skinned for about a year after they came out with those crank up Evel Kneivel motorcycle/action figure things. Damn rug burns! That little thing could fly. Salut Evel! >>

I had one of those. They were awesome.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My knuckles were permanently skinned for about a year after they came out with those crank up Evel Kneivel motorcycle/action figure things. Damn rug burns! That little thing could fly. Salut Evel! >>

I got one of those for Xmas in about 77 or 78 I think

that was cool!!

RIP Evel
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    If you think about it, he helped our economy. He was the inspiration for millions upon millions of doctor visits and pain pills.

RIP
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

The only man to break every bone his body---(TWICE!!) Truly a man with no fear. RIP
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>

<< <i>All the crashes, broken bones etc. never got him. In the end it is being reported as liver cancer that took him. >>

Cancer is a b*t*ch. Broken bones don't kill you.

Rip Evil. >>

True 'dat.
  • chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    ALL GUTS.... REST IN PEACE.... EVEL chaz
    remember whan he went off the side of that canyon in the rocket lol-that didnt work,they thugh he hit the bottom,was stuck on side on a tree haaaaaaa- evel liked to drink a tad and would take all sorts of crazy dares,i saw him on a show talking about it once, said half of his stunks were thought of in a bar image
    +1 for just being evel,i like that name
    cool documentary on right now on History Channel HD

• << <i>My knuckles were permanently skinned for about a year after they came out with those crank up Evel Kneivel motorcycle/action figure things. Damn rug burns! That little thing could fly. Salut Evel! >>

image I had one of those when I was a kid also.

<cool documentary on right now on History Channel HD>
    i watched that,saw it a couple of years ago,that was great when he had the riot with the hells angels at the cow palace,and became batman on that one guy lol-evel was out there in a league of his own,awesome dude!!!