Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

why is my Ted Williams PSA 8 OC not getting any bidders?

I have a 1958 Ted Williams PSA 8 OC on Ebay right now and after 7 days (it is a 10 day auction) is is only at $32

There is another PSA 8 OC right above mine and it is at over $200 and mine is a better example (my opinion).

I know OC sells for a discount, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

1958 Ted Williams PSA 8 OC

Comments

• RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    IMO, your's is much nicer as well.

He doesnt put OC in his title and throws $1600 around in his title and description.

You probably get punished for being honest.

Then again, current price means nothing, lets see where your auction closes at and then we will see.
  • I would not get to worried about it right now... Your auction looks good... the bids will come....

Shipping is a little high though..image.....

• Thanks for the replies...mine is the one with free shipping image
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I think if the registry didn't count it off 2 grades it would bring a very different price. Many people just see it as a 6 in their set. There's lots of people out there buying holders and not cards.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Bidcards - Thanks for that. Is that to say that a PSA 8 OC should get a PSA 6 Price?
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    If you mean should as in what it might get then sure. But I would prefer your card and think it should go for more. It's too early to know anything though. You know anything about a final price until it's over. There's just too many snipers.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry yet....worry when the auction ends or when she is 5 days late.
  • For better or worse, nobody likes that OC designation. I had a group of '52 Topps 8 OC's and sent them in for reholdering as 6's (at least those that met the 80/20 centering standard). They are then much easier to move. Good luck with your card. I'm sure it will be bid on.
  • Update. I forgot to mention that when I send in a close card for grading I write on the submission form that I do not want an OC designation and request that the card be given the straight grade for which it qualifies. This has never been a problem.